Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a intermittant driver door lock on my 2002 Z06. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it an issue with the door switch or the remote?
The problem which is VERY intermittant is when I press either the key fob or the door switch to lock OR unlock, the drivers door dosent respond! Passanger door responds ok.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yep this is a documented problem with our C5's. I have seen a DIY fix on the internet on one of the forums.

It I dentifies the offending relay complete with pics, and guides you through replacing it with a very inexpensive relay. Don't take it to the dealer they charge about 600 to 700 for the repair.

Do a search on the vette forums for this, I'm sure you'll find the link to the fix.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I have that going on the passenger side, won't always lock when I use the key fob. I need to check my extended warrenty, see if it's still good.....

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have this problem on my 02' coupe driver's door. Sometimes it will work fine 2-3 times but, then it won't for a week & then it will again...It only stuggles with unlocking the door. It always locks the door without issue.
If there is a DIY fix I need it...:huh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts