Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I can get in and start the car with no problem, usually in the morning. But after I drive to work, when I go out to lunch or to home at the end of the day, it won't start. I keep having to turn the key, I hear a clicking in the dash( sounds like behind the glove box) but no start. If I continue turning the key back and forth then eventually it'll start. Sometimes after a few tries, sometime after alot of tries. Someone told me that the starter might be going bad, I have no clue. I'd like to resolve this without having to put her in the shop, but I will if neccessary. Anyone seen this before? The battery has a good charge and seems to have tight connections.

·
Registered
62 Posts
int start

Im having the exact same problem (for about a year and a half now) and have tried to find a fix for it .
My dash lights up as normal with the key in the ON position , turn it to the START position and all lights go out . A clicking sound comes from one of the relays when switching from ON to Start .
Ive changed the battery, bypassed VATS, Changed relays, checked most all the ground connections, no codes showing . It will work for a month or two then it just wont start one day .
Im about to change the battery cables or swap out the starter to see if that works . Otherwise I will have to take it to the shop and since its an intermittant problem I dont think they will be much of a help except for lighting my wallet !
Good luck with yours , if you find a fix please let me know

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.