Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having intermittent trouble with my 96 LT1. Runs great most of the time, but on occasion (usually after running great for a lot of miles) will run extremely rough, stall and not be drivable at all. After sitting overnight, it will usually fire a run great.

It's been just over a month since the last time the car gave trouble, but now it's happened again.

Since the last time, I've replaced the PVC filter, fuel filter and TPS. Last time it happened, I took it to a local shop and they couldn't diagnose the problem. (It was running great the whole time they had it.)

It's running today and same as before, if it starts, it usually runs good & strong for a long spell. One thing that was different was that the car would start, then run good for about 5 seconds, then die - like it was running out of gas. Something else slightly different, when it's cold, it seems to crank longer now before firing up.

I'm planning on taking it to a local Chevrolet dealership this week and letting them try to figure out the problem.

Do any DC members have any dealings with Jacksonville, FL area Chevy dealerships? Recommendations? Good experiences?

Last questions - is there any way to diagnose the condition of the optispark without replacing it? Will a GM dealer be able to accurately diagnose the problem if the car is running great? This car isn't throwing any codes at all.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
fuel injectors maybe? my c4 had been surging and taking a long time to start and occasionally running rough and i put some new injectors in it and it is running great. no more surging and it starts right up. it was never stalling out and shutting off like yours but it could still be the same prob. how many miles are on your injectors?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car has 70K on it and I doubt that the injectors have ever been cleaned.

Thanks for the input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts