Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These guidelines for traveling on Southern Interstates:

1. Braking on the Interstate for no apparent need, other than to look out your window at the passing scenery is normal.

2. The Speed Limit Signs are there so everyone knows the minimum speed of which to travel and the maximum would be ten miles over that, but not to exceed twelve, because that would mean actually going to traffic court.

3. Any merge lane is there to provide drivers with an entertaining game of Chicken.

4. Never ever use your turnsignal; it gives other drivers the insider's advantage in blocking your lane change.

5. All Brake lights are optional, actually all lights are optional.

6. Solid lines in the road are there because the Transportation Department had excess funding last year and could paint a solid line instead of dotted lines.

7. It's all right to pass on the shoulder if you are late for work or any other reason for that matter.

8. If you are pregnant, you can justify using the HOV lanes to the policeman that stops you.

9. That extra space a semi-truck driver gives is made for cutting him off with, besides if they hit you in the tail end; it's their fault, right.

10. And finally, driving in the left lane is OK even if you're driving 25mph and especially on a flat.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Sounds about right.....I see at least half of those things happen every time I get on I-75.:laughing:

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
:laughing:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I've learned that as soon as I turn on my cruise control on an interstate, about a half dozen cars immediately want to be in my "space." :laughing:

·
DC Crew
2,503 Posts
The Torch said:
These guidelines for traveling on Southern Interstates:

1. Braking on the Interstate for no apparent need, other than to look out your window at the passing scenery is normal.

2. Speed limit signs are mearly for show, they serve no purpose, in fact, going 25-30mph over them is a-ok.

3. Any merge lane is there to provide drivers with an entertaining game of Chicken.

4. Never ever use your turnsignal; it gives other drivers the insider's advantage in blocking your lane change.Or leave on your tunsignal so the other drivers never know the lane change is coming, because your lights been flashing for 5 miles now.

5. All Brake lights are optional, actually all lights are optional.

6. Solid lines in the road are there because the Transportation Department had excess funding last year and could paint a solid line instead of dotted lines.

7. It's all right to pass on the shoulder if you are late for work or any other reason for that matter.

8. If you are pregnant, you can justify using the HOV lanes to the policeman that stops you.Imaginary friends also count

9. That extra space a semi-truck driver gives is made for cutting him off with, besides if they hit you in the tail end; it's their fault, right.

10. And finally, driving in the left lane is OK even if you're driving 25mph and especially on a flat.
11. Merging at 45 mph is just a way to make others behind you have to raise their reflexes, from avoiding big rigs on the Interstate going 80.

12. Passing a cop is ok as long as youa re doing it in the slow lane, after all the cop was only going 5 over anyways.

13. Rules like all these actually dont matter in FL, we make our own rules as we go:laughing:

edited it a bit for Florida driving, haha

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
01cavz24 said:
11. Merging at 45 mph is just a way to make others behind you have to raise their reflexes, from avoiding big rigs on the Interstate going 80.

12. Passing a cop is ok as long as youa re doing it in the slow lane, after all the cop was only going 5 over anyways.

13. Rules like all these actually dont matter in FL, we make our own rules as we go:laughing:

edited it a bit for Florida driving, haha
Oh, it's so true :rolling:

·
Registered
6 Posts
You missed a few

14. You should always stop at the end of the merge ramp and look both ways before proceding into traffic. This provides Vette owners a great excuse to smoke tires at highways speeds when the Cop pulls them over.
15. Eight lane changes from the left to the right lane (your exit) at the last minute is a required to avoid traffic delays.
16. Following the Right Turn Lane only lane until it ends and then merge back to the left lane into traffic to avoid delays in getting to work.
17. 0-70-0-70-0-70-0 is the proper rush hour traffic rhythm.
:bang :spanked:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great additions:laughing:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts