Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1967 Chevy Corvette Roadster 4-speed 3:55
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm new to the forum. I've had my car since 1988. Original purchase was an investment to help fund our kids collage tuition. Their days in school are long gone and I still have it.
The car was originally a BB car but came with a 350 out of a 78 vette. Other than the motor and transmission it was pretty much original.
In the year 2000 I had an opportunity to buy a 427, correct part number with a correct casting date of April, 67. My car was a late build, of May 67 and being a 390hp, 2-bolt mains was correct. Long story short, family always comes first so rebuild didn't complete till spring of 2019. I always vowed once complete I would run the engine on a stand prior to dropping in. I modified my engine stand to do just that. It provided me an opportunity to make a few corrections, much easier done on the stand. Plus, it was a blast.
The engine went in last winter and ran very well but I'm left with one more concern, one I've struggled with since I've taken ownership. Whenever I've taken to the highway the motor screams 3,500 RPM. I don't like spinning it that fast for hours on end. I want to address it with a Tremec 5-speed. Following ratios, 2.87, 1.89, 1.28, 1.00, .68. As I mentioned in the subject field, diff ratio is 3:55. I choose the lowest possible for overdrive, .68.
Before I take the leap, does anyone have any helpful input? I would appreciate any feedback.
Thank you in advance,
Don,
NH Don

1 - 1 of 1 Posts