Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 98 last week with the Bose system.

The sound quality is fine but the parts are going to cost about $150 just for the the adapter and a CD changer cable.

I talked to an installer (of unknown intelligence) who told me that I would have to basically rewire the car to install a new head unit.

Crutchfield says that I can do it with $50 worth of install kit but will loose my front woofers.

I have not been able to find an aftermarket head that is EXACTLY what I want and I am not ready to get the NAV system for the car.

Could someone please shed some light on this? Maybe post some links?

Thanks,
Rick

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,770 Posts
Have you checked around for an installer with a little more intelligence? Liek something more than a rock:laughing:

Pioneer does sell a cable adapter for the C5 to hook up aftermarket units to the Bose system

·
Registered
249 Posts
Peripheral SVEN2

Just got the SVEN2 adapter/and the SVHGM4 Harness from Peripheral and will do the install for my Pioneer 9800BT this weekend. I will take some pics of the wiring harness before I install so you can see the hook ups.

The install is done the SVEN2 and SVHGM4 harness from Peripheral worked liked a dream. System sounds great. I posted pictures in the gallery and I created a thread with detail instructions on the install in the forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts