Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ALL:

I have a 99 and i am intrested in installing a ipod. I have tried the fm Transiver and its horrible in my town. What is the best device to install with hassel free?

ps. I also can not play burnt cd's. The radio will not let you play. I also have a 12 disc changer.:crazy:

Thanks

·
Registered
948 Posts
Hi ALL:

I have a 99 and i am intrested in installing a ipod. I have tried the fm Transiver and its horrible in my town. What is the best device to install with hassel free?

ps. I also can not play burnt cd's. The radio will not let you play. I also have a 12 disc changer.:crazy:

Thanks
It's a simple add, man. I have a Kenwood headunit which is "IPOD ready" if you will. Many of the newer headunits have means whereas you can simply plug and play.

You simply pull the headunit out using the keys and the pack plugs into the back of the unit...the wire runs from the unit to the glovebox and you IPOD stores in the glovebox. No cutting, no voiding of warranty, etc.....I dunno what anybody would be referring to by insisting that this would be detrimental to the car and/or it's value at all....:huh:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Try the audio section, you'll have more luck.

Audio Forum

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm not sure if this has been discussed in the audio section, as I've not read through there.

If you want to dump the CD changer, there is a harness available to plug into your stock system to run an iPod or other input.

If you want to keep your changer and add an aux input you can splice into your stock CD changer harness and use a switch to change between the changer and the aux input.

Here is a schematic on how to wire a switched input.

I have not personally tried this.

Click for the big pic.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldnt mind dumping the cd changer and going the harness way. There is just so many that i just want to get the right one. Thanks you all for the reply

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was going to get the IPOD2car hook up for my car when I get an Ipod for my birthday in August but I couldn't wait until then so I got Borla Stingers and that sound is so much better than any music, so no more need for the Ipod :thumbsup: :partyon:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was wondering how those stingers sound. I have been thinking of upgrading the exhaust. Didi you install it yourself?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Stereo ? Your right, there is a stereo in there !!!!!! Never bothered looking for one. It might get in the way of listening to my Z :partyon:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts