Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know it is if your going to pay for 8 year or younger vette but should u pass upa good deal if the car passes a good physicle i mean engine drive train numbers match[ its not a hot box ] computer checks out , body &paint look great there is no real guarentes in this world . is car fax dependent on us or are we on them i think they are looking for a captive paranoid flook [ caviutumpter] so they say:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: what do u guys think [eplurobusunim] if we hang together we wont hang alone:thumbsup: :thumbsup: ithink nathon hale or some hero said that:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: rember green for ever cosmo:buhbye: :buhbye:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I know my car has been hit and the carfax that was ran on it came back clean. I guess if you can get one cheap or free go for it. Sure couldn't hurt.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Carfax only tells you about things that were reported. Could be lots of things that happened that would never show up on one. Still would'nt hurt to get one, you may learn some history about the car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bob88con said:
Carfax only tells you about things that were reported. Could be lots of things that happened that would never show up on one. Still would'nt hurt to get one, you may learn some history about the car.
Which is exactly why I was trying to get a report. I had already bought the car, I was just trying to get some history on it. But like I said in the other carfax thread, I was a little disappointed by the history - or lack there of - that it did show.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Carfax is a joke! I recently sold a 325i that had a clean Carfax & let me tell you.....There wasnt even 1 body panal that didnt have body work done to it one time or another!:rolleyes:

·
DC Ambassador / Netherlands
365 Posts
OzC4 said:
Which is exactly why I was trying to get a report. I had already bought the car, I was just trying to get some history on it. But like I said in the other carfax thread, I was a little disappointed by the history - or lack there of - that it did show.
Same here, I am going to buy the '88 vert. (see other topic) but I would love to know all the history there is to know on the car, specialy because I'm from Holland and the car from the USA, just cool the know :cool:
I also will write to Bowling Green to get the bildsheet (I'f been told you can get a copy there)

Greetz, Pim
(waiting for your first Vette is the hard part) :D

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
It will only tell you if the car has a salvage title. Also, being owned by an insurance agency tells you something in general. (theft recovery, hail damage, flood). SOMETIMES the car won't get a salvage title. My understanding is that some states you can be sneaky.

Carfax is a "title history" and not an accident history. It's just one more tool in the arsenal to make us more aware when we are considering a car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts