Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't had F51 suspension since the C4. Back then, it was way too harsh for everyday use. You could run over a dime and tell if it was heads or tails. I'm preparing to order my C6, and the specs for the new F51 package seem hard to pass up.

Does anyone out there have a klate model C5 with F51. Does it ride too harsh for everyday use? Please let me know.

:huh:

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Dp upi mean Z51? I have the Z51 on mu 2004 coupe. It's not to harsh (I only have 900 miles on it). I find that it rides very nicely. The C6 Z51 seems like it is to good to pass up.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
My 97 C5 has the Z51 suspension. I don't think it is too harsh at all for a daily driver, In fact, I think it is the best suspension option available. I think on the C6 it even comes with drilled and slotted brake rotors as well

·
Registered
288 Posts
The Z51 is a great every day suspension. It's nowhere near as stiff as an early C4 Z51. My wife and even my mother-in-law think the car rides great, "especially for a Corvette." Unless you're getting the fancy F55, it's the suspension to get!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I meant Z51!!!!!!!!

Thanks gentlemen!

I'm relieved. My senses told me that I should go for the Z51, but I remember how dissatisfied all my friends were with their new '84 Z51's. Now I can go ahead and order it in clear conscience. :cheers: :partyon: :cheers:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Two years ago I traded a '99 coupe (standard suspension) for a hardtop coupe (Z51 suspension). So I had the direct comparison.
In every aspect I would prefer the Z51! Even considering comfort I see the Z51 in front because of less body roll. Additionally I beefed it up with Bilstein sport shocks, and I got kinda rough rider now. I like it this way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts