Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How close will the Spy cars be to the real thing? How much padding is being used? I know we dont have these answers but How different do you think the C6 will be from its spy shots??
Heres an image to give you a sense of what GM has done in the past.
Here is a Pic of a C4 mule.

Here are 2 pics of a C5 mule.

:cheers:

·
DC Crew
3,685 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
I wish the C5 had that ass. :(
The C5 beta had it until 1994. Then they got customer feedback.

People thought it didn't look enough like a Corvette.

I wish they'd have asked you and me, Pat.

(I think they're doing with the C6 what they knew intuitvely was the right solution for the C5; i.e. making the rear smaller.)

Design just can't be done by committee and focus groups.

·
Registered
4 Posts
in my opinion yes GM is fooling us i bet there circulating misinformation becuase this car is an american legend and they're just creating more excitment becuase no one knows for certain what it is but certainly someone fooled road and track witht hat buttugly photoshop C-6 idea

·
Registered
333 Posts
At carlisle this past weekend, Dave Hill gave a seminar about the 04 models, then the little bit of info with the party line of...we have extended the technology further on the C6. And by the way, the cammo'd spy shot cars look nothing like what you will see in January 2004 at Detroit. The C6 coupe will be on sale in march. The vert in august and he said the Z06 (yes that's right Z06) will be in 2005. A question was asked about the brakes on the C6. Dave Hill said: "we have extended the technology...(party line here), and no, the brakes will not retrofit to the C5! Dangit!!! :( I'd love to have Brembos! :D

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1FastZ06 said:
At carlisle this past weekend, Dave Hill gave a seminar about the 04 models, then the little bit of info with the party line of...we have extended the technology further on the C6. And by the way, the cammo'd spy shot cars look nothing like what you will see in January 2004 at Detroit. The C6 coupe will be on sale in march. The vert in august and he said the Z06 (yes that's right Z06) will be in 2005. A question was asked about the brakes on the C6. Dave Hill said: "we have extended the technology...(party line here), and no, the brakes will not retrofit to the C5! Dangit!!! :( I'd love to have Brembos! :D
Just what i thought. Great info.:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.