Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very confused of what type of car is a C2 Stingray (1963-1968). Folks at Yearone.com says a C2 is a muscle cars, but others says it is a sport cars. Which one is it guys,can you help me?

·
DC Crew
2,503 Posts
Corvettes, are sports car, always have been(cept the first few years, those were Roadsters), always will be.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Ultimately it depends on how you define a sports car vs a muscle car, but for my 2 cents the c2 is lightweight, powerful, and handles well (like all Corvettes). Its THE American sports car.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
It's both. Especially when you have a BB.:thumbsup:
I agree, the answer to that question is "yes." Any vehicle that had road racing performance like the first Z06 (and many others) as well as a fender shaking power plant like the '67 L-88 is definitely both.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Just for the record, C2's are '63-'67 (not '68):thumbsup: and they are called Sting Ray = 2 words instead of Stingray = 1 word = C3 '69-'77 I believe? No Stingrays in '68 and they quitted putting 'Stingray' on the cars in either '76 or '77 :D

And to answer your question: I'd say they're best of both worlds!:partyon: :partyon:

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
Just for the record, C2's are '63-'67 (not '68):thumbsup: and they are called Sting Ray = 2 words instead of Stingray = 1 word = C3 '69-'77 I believe? No Stingrays in '68 and they quitted putting 'Stingray' on the cars in either '76 or '77 :D

And to answer your question: I'd say they're best of both worlds!:partyon: :partyon:
Must be the 77 version because our 76 says Stingray :D

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Yeah, maybe I wasn't clear enough.. I meant they put the Stingray-logo on the '76's or the '77's for the last time, so '76 for sure and maybe the '77's :D.. I don't remember:lookinup:

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I don't know. I have always thought of muscle cars that have huge engines and go fast (but only in a straight line.) Sports cars to me a lean and agile, but with ample power.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am very confused of what type of car is a C2 Stingray (1963-1968). Folks at Yearone.com says a C2 is a muscle cars, but others says it is a sport cars. Which one is it guys,can you help me?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It is a CORVETTE"!!!!!Enough Said. This question reminds me of the old Dirt Band Song when they are asked if they are "Country or Rock".

Steve:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
1976 was the last year for Stingray. Does not appear on the 77.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Sports car! Muscle cars are cars originally designed as sedans, and they added a big engine at a discount cost to compete with the sport cars.

sports cars go fast around corners and muscle cars don't.

hence the corvette is a sports car, but will also rip a quick 1/4 mile as a bonus.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Geez let me think?

:cheers:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
How about the American Motors AMX??

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts