Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody that uses the TPIS miniram, i was wondering if it is a good buy. the numbers seem pretty good for my standards, knowing that i really cant afford a superram.
http://www.tpis.com/index.php?module=catalog_page&catalogPageNumber=17&catalogSubCategory=MiniRam+Manifold

i was going to go for that Melrose motorsports C4 system that raidmagic got.http://www.melroseheaders.com/products/smooth_flow_exhaust_systems/c-4.php it looks like the best system i have seen. if the claims are true, the miniram and the exhaust system should work well together. any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Actually the miniram and superram cost about the same. You have to buy the fuel rails with the miniram. You can use your fuel rails with the SR base manifold.

Miniram $895
Fuel rail $355

Superram $ 799
SR base $379

Price is about a trade off. I did a lot of research on both and think that the SR is better for street use. It operates in a little lower rpm range and has better street manners.

I just bought a SR, Brodix heads, lingenfelter cam and the exhaust raid posted was actually mine. He ordered one like it but does'nt have it yet.

Hope to have it all running by the end of the month. I'll post results when I do.

Bob

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bob88 said:
Actually the miniram and superram cost about the same. You have to buy the fuel rails with the miniram. You can use your fuel rails with the SR base manifold.

Miniram $895
Fuel rail $355

Superram $ 799
SR base $379

Price is about a trade off. I did a lot of research on both and think that the SR is better for street use. It operates in a little lower rpm range and has better street manners.

I just bought a SR, Brodix heads, lingenfelter cam and the exhaust raid posted was actually mine. He ordered one like it but does'nt have it yet.

Hope to have it all running by the end of the month. I'll post results when I do.

Bob
everywhere i have seen a superram it has been well over a grand. like on the lingenfelter website. where can i get one for less. am i looking at the cost of the SR and the rails together?

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Bob88 said:

Miniram $895
Fuel rail $355

Superram $ 799
SR base $379

Bob
Bob,
Once my clutch is fixed you should come to Chicago to drive my Miniram'd street car. IMHO The Minirma is just as streetable as the superram. Either manifold is great, both have stronger and weaker points. I vote miniram..

Keep in mind the miniram is close to the LT1 intake..

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
-=Jeff=- said:
Bob,
Once my clutch is fixed you should come to Chicago to drive my Miniram'd street car. IMHO The Minirma is just as streetable as the superram. Either manifold is great, both have stronger and weaker points. I vote miniram..

Keep in mind the miniram is close to the LT1 intake..
That would be cool. Maybe we could meet halfway.:laughing: I agree that both manifolds are good, I just heard many more good comments about the SR and its nicer idle and better street manners. I guess its a matter of taste.
Can't vote yet, don't have mine on yet, hope it gets a good one. I did hear some things about vacuum leaks with the SR, so I'll have to watch out for that.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
bomberman85 said:
everywhere i have seen a superram it has been well over a grand. like on the lingenfelter website. where can i get one for less. am i looking at the cost of the SR and the rails together?
Jegs and Summit both carry the SR. $799. The base manifold is another $379. Check them out. Also, you don't need the rails with the SR, you use your stock ones.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bob88 said:
Jegs and Summit both carry the SR. $799. The base manifold is another $379. Check them out. Also, you don't need the rails with the SR, you use your stock ones.

holy f*** i cant find it at all on jegs, and i dont think i am getting the right part on summit. is this it? http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=ACC-74196F&N=318281+115&autoview=sku

it says these are the runners, then where is the base? correct me if im wrong, but is manifold in the photo upside down? i think i JUST realised that.

·
Registered
503 Posts
bomberman85 said:
anybody that uses the TPIS miniram, i was wondering if it is a good buy. the numbers seem pretty good for my standards, knowing that i really cant afford a superram.
http://www.tpis.com/index.php?module=catalog_page&catalogPageNumber=17&catalogSubCategory=MiniRam+Manifold

i was going to go for that Melrose motorsports C4 system that raidmagic got.http://www.melroseheaders.com/products/smooth_flow_exhaust_systems/c-4.php it looks like the best system i have seen. if the claims are true, the miniram and the exhaust system should work well together. any thoughts?
wow, we're on the same channel here. I've been doing some research and I decided on the miniram. I also was looking at that melrose system, but I need to find out if the headers come without the AIR system tubes. now I just need to save up the money for all of it:lookinup:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
bomberman85 said:
holy f*** i cant find it at all on jegs, and i dont think i am getting the right part on summit. is this it? http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=ACC-74196F&N=318281+115&autoview=sku

it says these are the runners, then where is the base? correct me if im wrong, but is manifold in the photo upside down? i think i JUST realised that.
Jegs part# ACC-74196 and ACC-74197
Summit is the same, but they don't show a picture of the base ram

Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts