Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exactly how big of a sin is it to take a white on blue 72 coupe, all original base model w/ NOTHING fancy/hardly no options, and modify it to you're liking, such as p/w, p/s, paint/ interior changes, and etc? Not TOO VERY BAD IS IT? I love the year (and the $5000 price tag), but hate the color, iterior, and lachk of accessories.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
It's not a sin it's mandatory!! Now go buy that thing and get to work.:whip:

They only made 20,496 base coupes that year I don't think your hurting anything.

Be sure to post pics.:D

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I bought a bone stock numbers matching '73 convertible.... i plan on LOTS of Mods!!!
:partyon: :thumbsup: :partyon:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,547 Posts
Mod, mod, mod til you're mad. Right now you've got a $5000 car. Do some wild paint & classy interior, cool wheels & tires, drop in a big block andn it'll be worth more that you paid for it. Go for it:thumbsup:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its an auto, and I have the parts from a 75 to go 4 speed. Is that too much? Too difficult? It should be a relatively easy mod I think considering that I have the pedals, tranny, bellhousing, linkage....everything...?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow. The vote so far is unanamous. And I was worried about crapping on the value of the car, too.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:( I'm pretty relieved. I couldnt have a classic white car with blue vinyl interior that I was too guilty to change to Dark Cherry or Black w/ black leather or Dark Saddle interior (my preferences, of course)

·
Super Moderator
8,495 Posts
Gunnersix6
they are lying to you ,youll go to hell for sure! the only chance for salvation is to sign over the title to me,and put all THE MONEY YOU MIGHT HAVE SPEND ON MODS IN THE GLOVE COMPARTMENT, THEN DROP THE CORVETTE OFF AT MY HOUSE!!!! DO IT QUICKLY BEFORE YOUR DOOMED!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,495 Posts
ENJOY YOUR NEW CORVETTE,DO WHAT YOU FEEL IS NEEDED,JUST DON,T BUTCHER THE CAR, QUALITY MODS , DONE IN GOOD TASTE , AND DONE CORRECTLY CAN INCREASE MOST CORVETTES VALUE

·
Registered
745 Posts
Go for it ,i bought my 73 all original 43,000 mile car,following week i dropped a 406 in it changed the gears.5 years later im fuel injected overdrive tranny electronblue paint,roll bar ,now this week i added flares.Itll never end,just keep modding it .Good luck and have fun with it.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I'd keep the automatic till it blew, that conversion is ALOT of work.
A nice cam with a stall converter makes for a fun car Too

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just out of curiosity, just how much work is alot? Got a general list of what will have to be done?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Do what makes you happy. Why do you care about what some of the purists might think?

YOU own the car not them...relax, and ENJOY IT!!!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
90 Posts
If it's a sin, I'm a big sinner -

'81 all matching #'s & low mileage .....

lot's of mods & I'm glad I did it ...

:buhbye: :excited: :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts