Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wondering if there is a way to turn on my fog lights while driving, without having my head lights come up too. Is there a way to do this or do the lights have to pop up each time no matter what? Maybe I should just read my manual :laughing: but it's busy holding down my insurance and registration. :rolling:

Thanks,

James

1N189

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
yea there is.... all you have to do is turn the nob once and make sure the fog lamp button is on:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea there is.... all you have to do is turn the nob once and make sure the fog lamp button is on:thumbsup:
I must be stupid then....cause when I do that...the lights pop up. They don't come on, but they pop up. I'm going to go try that right now. YUP...didn't work...lights up....fogs on.

James

1N189

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
I must be stupid then....cause when I do that...the lights pop up. They don't come on, but they pop up. I'm going to go try that right now. YUP...didn't work...lights up....fogs on.

James

1N189
sorry i tried

is the swith all the way to off then you turn it one time and make sure the fog lamp light is on.im not saying your doing it wrong im just trying to help you out

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry i tried

is the swith all the way to off then you turn it one time and make sure the fog lamp light is on.im not saying your doing it wrong im just trying to help you out
I know bro...any help is great thanks...and ya...it's off, then one turn, yep. I don't know...I guess I just LOVE the way it looks when I hit the unlock button! The front looks MEAN with the lights down, the DRL's lit and the fogs too! I use to run that way in the evening when I had my '87 vert. loved that look. I'd just like to do the same with my FRC, you know?

Hummm...maybe I'll just have to get that manual out after all and see if I can or not.

James

1N189

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
I know bro...any help is great thanks...and ya...it's off, then one turn, yep. I don't know...I guess I just LOVE the way it looks when I hit the unlock button! The front looks MEAN with the lights down, the DRL's lit and the fogs too! I use to run that way in the evening when I had my '87 vert. loved that look. I'd just like to do the same with my FRC, you know?

Hummm...maybe I'll just have to get that manual out after all and see if I can or not.

James

1N189
:agree: it does look bad ass ive only seen one red c5 driving around with the fog lamps on and it looked sick cuz the sun was starting to go down and i think it had some front canards but its been a long time........but anyway hows your adams polish coming along

·
Registered
60 Posts
Do you have any issues with the famous gear in one of your headlights? I know that when mine went & needed to be replaced, the lights would pop up with just one click on the switch instead of just the fog lights... Why I am not sure but, I couldn't use just my fogs anymore...

·
Registered
618 Posts
Sounds like an issue with the headlight control module (located just behind the passenger side headlight on the bulkhead). That module is triggering the headlight motors to lift when the parking lights are turned on. It should only lift the housings when the headlights are on. However, it is normal for the headlights to say up when you go from headlight back to parking light and then close when turned off. Hate to say it, but, you need an OE service tech on the job... or you could just swap out the module and hope it is the issue.
kent

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts

James

1N189
Try duct tape that should keep em down...:laughing:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:agree: it does look bad ass ive only seen one red c5 driving around with the fog lamps on and it looked sick cuz the sun was starting to go down and i think it had some front canards but its been a long time........but anyway hows your adams polish coming along
The Adam's polish was great! It was very easy to use, went on easy and off just the same! I don't think I'll ever use anything else! I got the Porter Cable Polisher too (saw you had some issues getting that, I think that was you) anyway...once you get it, you'll be glad that you did. To be honest, it goes on easy enough that you wouldn't NEED it....but....it sure makes the job that much quicker when you do have it.

Lordbones and Kent....YES, I'm having an issue with the gear in my pass. side light and I know that I'll have to get that fixed fairly soon. Good thing is, that MOST of the time I don't drive my Vette at night...normally...so I've been able to put that off for a while...haven't had any issues yet. It is slipping though. :thud:
Kent...so you CAN turn on the fog lights WITHOUT having the lights pop up. This IS possible? So it's maybe my headlight control module that is causing my lights to pop up?

The rest of you guys...know where I can find some Nassau Blue duct tape for the time being? :thumbsup: :rolling:

James

1N189

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
The rest of you guys...know where I can find some Nassau Blue duct tape for the time being? :thumbsup: :rolling:

James

1N189
Try looking thru out Supporting vendors I'm sure I saw it here some where.:huh:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Try looking thru out Supporting vendors I'm sure I saw it here some where.:huh:
:rolling:

If you could shoot me a link Ivan....that'd be great!

·
996 Posts
You should check your options in the DIC and see if "Twilight" is turned on. I was driving today with only my fog's on with the head lights down, and I messed with the Options and accidentally turned twilight on, and the headlights popped up.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You should check your options in the DIC and see if "Twilight" is turned on. I was driving today with only my fog's on with the head lights down, and I messed with the Options and accidentally turned twilight on, and the headlights popped up.
Thanks Morlok, I'll look into that tonight after work and give that a shot! Hope it works. I'll let you know!

James

1N189

:thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts