1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Looks really enticing to me, but have you seen it personally yet? I'd go see it, then if it still looks good, I'd jump on it. I'd even see if he'd let me put it up on a lift.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Don't know much about C3's but this is for sale right across the river from me. What's a real world value? He said it was originally a big block car. Iws it time for another project?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/RatRodsNHotRodsForSaleOrTrade/permalink/2540641499495295/?sale_post_id=2540641499495295
Hard to say the Value current.

I am seeing prices all over on C3's on facebook groups.

One way to look at it is the 454 is worth a solid $3500 alone.
The M-22 is worth at least $2k
Sacttershield blowproof bellhousing is worth $350.

Rest is a CORVETTE

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,449 Posts
Like Brian said, cash talks. 12K talks real loud. I could handle the no A/C but the headlights would have to go

·
Registered
990 Posts
I'd love to have that 71 Mach1 just below it... :partyon:
Ditto!
This just went by-by over at my Vette connections place.I still have a soft spot for Stangs haven owned a bunch back in the day.
http://www.contes.com/for-sale/car/view/5/544

My now wife drove my old 71 Cougar XR7 with the 351 Cleveland in it.
I had the old 70 but she wouldn't drive it.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Don't know much about C3's but this is for sale right across the river from me. What's a real world value? He said it was originally a big block car. Iws it time for another project?

Another project,I get the same way,I'll look at a Vette,think to myself,I want to do this,that etc,drive the **** out of it then move on to somethen else. 1st thing I would do to that Chrome Bumber BB is trash that Friggen Luggage Rack !!!

·
Registered
990 Posts
If you're serious about it visit in person and crawl under it with a flashlight and look for frame rust and rust in the birdcage.
That windsheild sealer thay used back in the day cracks & the rust begins, the cowl drains clog ,rust thru & wipes out the #2 body mounts,wet feet ! Rear frame kick up at the trailing arm front mount usually rust.Door sag,Ps cyl leak,it already has a brake problem,If I was closer I would go with ya , Im not expert but been around a few C3's.
As far as price this is where I shop & go by that in my area.
Im in no way affilated with this place.I did check out a 96 CE/LT4 for a member on another board who was from Romania.he bought the car & I met the guy there.Another time a guy from Canada wanted a set of org hub caps for a 63 SWC.Driver quality,he sold the 63,I was a little disapointed he didn't give me 1st shot when he sold it.That was the 3rd 63 I missed out on,wasn't ment to be I guess.Im over it.
http://www.contes.com/

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
I miss my Chevy Tahoe & GMC Suburban.
Both are K1500 's with a SBC 350.
I was telling Grumpy at His place I hate the 4L60E transmissions they used. Worthless trans for heavy duty towing.
Should have used the Turbo 400 & 4L80E only in the Trucks.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Don't forget the most important Holiday for Woman is Tomorrow Men.
Valentine's Day.
Otherwise getting Notta.
I paid for the carton of Pall Malls the Now wife smokes :thumbsup:
The 1st wife I call the Practice wife.

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The 1st wife I call the Practice wife.
I did the "wife delete mod" to free up some money for my cars.

Whatever you do, don't get your wife/girlfriend a mood ring for a present. When they're happy it turns blue and when they're not happy it puts a red mark on your forehead.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,449 Posts
Whatever you do, don't get your wife/girlfriend a mood ring for a present. When they're happy it turns blue and when they're not happy it puts a red mark on your forehead.
That just made my day.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
I did the "wife delete mod" to free up some money for my cars.

Racecar is still Racecar spelled backwards Gunny.
What A Corvette was built to do I think.
Stand on it & never let off the gas unless you really have to.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts