Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never owned a convertible that could go as fast as this so I don't know if this is normal or if I need some kind of adjustment. Last time I had the car out, it was too cold to have the top down. The guys I were running with were moving at a good pace (avg between 80-90) and I noticed that my windows were sort of being sucked out. I assume in a hardtop that window nestles in a sort of track that is just not available on the 'verts. Is this correct? Can I not do excessive speeds with the top up? Or should I be looking for some kind of tweak...

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
I have never owned a convertible that could go as fast as this so I don't know if this is normal or if I need some kind of adjustment. Last time I had the car out, it was too cold to have the top down. The guys I were running with were moving at a good pace (avg between 80-90) and I noticed that my windows were sort of being sucked out. I assume in a hardtop that window nestles in a sort of track that is just not available on the 'verts. Is this correct? Can I not do excessive speeds with the top up? Or should I be looking for some kind of tweak...

I had my 01 rag top upto 140 with the top up with no additional ill effects(it had 95,000 miles and the top leaked slightly at the windows) as far a seeing the windows being "sucked out" I can't say that when travelling quickly I ever took the time to look at the side windows eithe in the convertabel or the coupe. There is no channel on the coupe either the weatherseal systen is almost identical between coupe and convertable on the doors

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I may just be being over sensitive to this. I know that there is more wind noise in a ragtop than in a fixed roof and was doing a quick scan to make sure that all was in order...noticed that the windows were vibrating some and just got a little concerned. I assume that nothing will happen traveling at speed for an extended period of time (thinking of my trip to Carlisle) but wanted a little feedback.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
I have two C5 convertibles and they've both been driven... well... very very fast.

I just don't understand what internal pressure could make the windows push outward...

This week I'll try to make a blast down the freeway with the top and windows up and see if I see what you see. :D

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great...Thanks!! Like I said, I may just be paranoid...if they can pass the Patrick test, I am good! :D

·
Registered
964 Posts
Great...Thanks!! Like I said, I may just be paranoid...if they can pass the Patrick test, I am good! :D
I had the same problem with my coupe. There is an adjustment. I adjusted it Android it solved the problem. I'm responding on my phone right now I will forward you the diy tom
orow

·
Registered
964 Posts
heres the best I could do . All of the posts that refer to window adjustments the pics are removed or have broken links. Click on this link It explains it fairly well. The long and short of it is under the door is the adjusters and inside the reflector on the door panal is another adjuster. play with them a little and you will figure it out.

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128878&highlight=wind+noise+c5

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I have the instructions from the service manual if you need them Dan.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a manual too...although I may look to invest in that DVD you have...nice and easy that way. Anyway...maybe I missed it, but am I adjusting my top? The windows?

I was wondering if how the "Patrick" test went... Pat?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just found assassins link...sorry! Thanks bud! We should hook up sometime...I am up in Ramsey...

Thanks again!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts