Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal for the rpm's to drop some after sitting at a stop when the brake is released before beginning to accelerate?

My '96 A4 does have an aftermarket cam and a 2400 stall converter and the idle in gear is about 850-900 rpm.

Could this idle speed be "loading" the converter a little bit while waiting for the light to turn green or what? For as soon as I release the brake, the rpm's drop about 100 rpms before I can get onto the accelerator pedal and take off. And what this does, is cause what I would guess is a drop in manifold pressure, which makes the motor surge for just a moment before it does accelerate.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Block off the vacume supply to the brake booster and see if it still happens. Don't drive it like that but see if the RPM's still change.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JCswm said:
Block off the vacume supply to the brake booster and see if it still happens. Don't drive it like that but see if the RPM's still change.

I'll give that a try in the morning if it's not too nasty outside. Snow and 40mph winds in the forecast. Brrrrr

And if it stops it from happening, what then?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts