Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe the Crossfire fuel injection can be converted into a carburetor. However I dont know where to find this sort of conversion kit, or how much it may cost. I would like for my 84' vette to have a carb because I plan on adding some performance parts. I think if I can get it to a normal chevy 350, I can treat it as a muscle car without the restrictions of fuel injection. Speaking of which, any suggestions on where to start for basic performance. It already has flowmasters. I would like to start with the basic engine components, headers, then maybe even a supercharger. Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yes it is possible....Paste the link on the bottom of my signiture to see a picture of my carbed engine. iI have a great article that goes into detail on how to do the conversion! If you have a fax # I will fax it to you!:thumbsup: I love having a carbed c-4!:excited:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
That carbed motor looks nice. Here's a question. Where'd ya get the nice carbon fiber dash?

·
Registered
0 Posts
muddpile said:
That carbed motor looks nice. Here's a question. Where'd ya get the nice carbon fiber dash?
I bought the kit in Carlisle from a company called Superior Customs.....I think they have a web site....:huh:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
I just read an article in "Super Chevy" magazine that although EGI is better for starting, all-climate running, and maybe better fuel economy, that there is generally no power difference between the carb and EFI. Interesting article, Feb 2004 issue page 63/64.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts