Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Since half of the C4's have the rear end shifted 1-1/2 inches off center due to body panel misalignment!"

I read this on another forum, it wasn't about this paticualr issue and I couldn't find any more references to it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm gonna guess that its not true seeing as how there's been 75 looks and no replies....

·
Registered
182 Posts
SWAG.

It may be due to a difference in camber adjustment R vs L & if the vehicles in question are measured at the top of the tire to the fender lip.

There could also be a difference in R vs L side 1/4 panel molds.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
"Since half of the C4's have the rear end shifted 1-1/2 inches off center due to body panel misalignment!"
Don't know about the 50% number but is not uncommon for a mint undamaged car to have the wheel on one side in a different position to the other side with perfect alignment settings

·
Registered
309 Posts
I cant answer to the 50% figure but I know mine is different from side to side

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm... Mine seems off as well. The passenger side sticks slightly outside the fenderwell and the drivers side tucks slightly in. Should I not be concerned? I didn't even notice it when I bought the car but now I can't un-notice it!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I did'nt notice this on my car till someone pointed it out saying "has your car been in an accident"THEN it started to annoy me so i just put on a 1/4" spacer and its now even plus it stopped the big tyres rubbing on one side when i put the mickey thompsons on.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I cant answer to the 50% figure but I know mine is different from side to side
Mine as well... approx 1/2 inch... MAYBE slightly less...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, makes me feel better knowing it's not something serious. I was racking my brain and couoldn't figure out why all the measurments were the same except for to the body panels.

MikeC4, are you running a spacer on only one side? This was my thought as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
872 Posts
If you loosen the carrier bolts you will see they are slotted slightly and any movement make a big difference. You can make a few reference points to check the position of the diff.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Blakdog2, yep my tyre was in 1/4" on the back, passenger side so i have only one spacer on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts