Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving through Spain Saturday and stopped somewhere in Andalucia on the Autovia between Granada and Madrid. I saw this C5 and could not believe I was actually seeing a 'vette in Spain :thumbsup:

I went inside the restaurant and tried to find the owner. The tags had GB so I figured a Brit owned it. I finally saw a big guy with a shirt with a big "USA" written on it. I spoke with him and told him I was a 'Vette owner too. He loves his car and I asked him about the "turbo" emblem. He laughed and said "no, it's not , you don't really need it" :laughing:

Anyway, if this is yours or you know who owns it, say a big hi, from me:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Hey Blade, take a look at this thread. It will show you how to manipulate/re-size your images. The one that you have posted is WAY to big. That makes it hard for folks with slow connection speeds to see your thread.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
who has dial up speed connections anymore :huh:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
who has dial up speed connections anymore :huh:
Dial up isn't the only slow connection today. DSL is God awful slow compared to my connection. Also, the resolutions that those with sight issues run today make it an inconvenience to scroll halfway across the room to see the picture. Not all sites automatically re-size your images.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dial up isn't the only slow connection today. DSL is God awful slow compared to my connection. Also, the resolutions that those with sight issues run today make it an inconvenience to scroll halfway across the room to see the picture. Not all sites automatically re-size your images.
Sorry, I thought that the automatic resizing would be enough.
Is it now small enough for you? :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I was driving through Spain Saturday and stopped somewhere in Andalucia on the Autovia between Granada and Madrid. I saw this C5 and could not believe I was actually seeing a 'vette in Spain :thumbsup:

I went inside the restaurant and tried to find the owner. The tags had GB so I figured a Brit owned it. I finally saw a big guy with a shirt with a big "USA" written on it. I spoke with him and told him I was a 'Vette owner too. He loves his car and I asked him about the "turbo" emblem. He laughed and said "no, it's not , you don't really need it" :laughing:

Anyway, if this is yours or you know who owns it, say a big hi, from me:thumbsup:

I'm confused. You said you met and talked to him but at the end you are asking who owns it?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Isn't Spain just too AWESOME!!! I was stationed in Rota from 90 to 93 and travelled all over the country when I wasn't deployed. I want to go back so bad but the wife doesn't have any desire to.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
oh, he LOVES them freakishly big:hump:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm confused. You said you met and talked to him but at the end you are asking who owns it?
I never got the guys name or info. I was a little tired after driving so long and did not think to ask him for an email or anything else. I would like to have the chance to chat with him about his experience driving trough Spain, etc.
I posted in the hopes that some one would help me establish contact with the owner. :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I never got the guys name or info. I was a little tired after driving so long and did not think to ask him for an email or anything else. I would like to have the chance to chat with him about his experience driving trough Spain, etc.
I posted in the hopes that some one would help me establish contact with the owner. :thumbsup:
Ahhh, clear as mud now.:laughing:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Isn't Spain just too AWESOME!!! I was stationed in Rota from 90 to 93 and travelled all over the country when I wasn't deployed. I want to go back so bad but the wife doesn't have any desire to.
Oh, I thought it was an awesome place too. I had a wonderful trip and great experiences. The people can be really nice over there and the countryside is phenomenal. The highways were pretty nice and in great condition, although not as wide as we have in the USA. Also, the traffic was really light except in the cities of course.
The hassle with a car in Spain (and most of Europe) is that there is no place to park. Also the fuel is horrifically expensive. I drove a Hundai with a diesel engine. I rented it for 101.00 euros total for 6 days with a tankfull of diesel. They ask you to bring it back as empty as possible. I drove from Madrid to Granada and on to another little place in the Sierra Nevada called Monachil. I made the round trip including some driving around back and forth to Granada from Monachil and used the full tank and 8 more liters of gasoleo (diesel) at over 1.20 euro/liter... I can only imagine how much it costs to drive a Corvette over there..
Oh by the way, the city of Granada is absolutely beautiful and the women are really, really pretty, friendly and nice, very easy on the eyes:thumbsup: Can't wait to go back next year. My wife could not go with me this time but she might make it next time. Anyway, I will go if at all possible. You might want to go by yourself for a visit if your wife wont go ;)

·
Only green will do...
18,389 Posts
:agree:I was also stationed there for a while i was in barcellona, mallaga, and toremolinos, beautiful weather and beautiful women, yea thats heaven:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
:agree:I was also stationed there for a while i was in barcellona, mallaga, and toremolinos, beautiful weather and beautiful women, yea thats heaven:thumbsup:
T-town is the stuff! My favorite city in all of Spain though is Ronda. It is absolutely beautiful and I would love to see it as an adult.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Oh, I thought it was an awesome place too. I had a wonderful trip and great experiences. The people can be really nice over there and the countryside is phenomenal. The highways were pretty nice and in great condition, although not as wide as we have in the USA. Also, the traffic was really light except in the cities of course.
The hassle with a car in Spain (and most of Europe) is that there is no place to park. Also the fuel is horrifically expensive. I drove a Hundai with a diesel engine. I rented it for 101.00 euros total for 6 days with a tankfull of diesel. They ask you to bring it back as empty as possible. I drove from Madrid to Granada and on to another little place in the Sierra Nevada called Monachil. I made the round trip including some driving around back and forth to Granada from Monachil and used the full tank and 8 more liters of gasoleo (diesel) at over 1.20 euro/liter... I can only imagine how much it costs to drive a Corvette over there..
Oh by the way, the city of Granada is absolutely beautiful and the women are really, really pretty, friendly and nice, very easy on the eyes:thumbsup: Can't wait to go back next year. My wife could not go with me this time but she might make it next time. Anyway, I will go if at all possible. You might want to go by yourself for a visit if your wife wont go ;)
Yeah, I am very familiar with the no parking situation. Rota is in the southwestern part of Spain on the Atlantic ocean and it is a major tourist area for all of the northern Europeans and we lived off-base and if you got a parking spot in front of your home, you didn't leave it, you rode your bike to work. As far as fuel, I just bought all of mine on the base where it was cheap and anytime we travelled we bought fuel vouchers onbase for the same price and just used them on the trip, so gas was never a problem.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The roads

I took a few shots of the highway and countryside while driving. I know, probably a dumb idea but all I did was hold up the camera with one hand and snap shots. These are pictures while driving North from Granada to Madrid.

There were some very interesting twisties as well. However, it would have been quite imprudent to take my hands off the wheel and my attention off the road to take those pictures :laughing:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
On the other hand, the rural roads are quite narrow....

This is what happens when 2 cars meet... One must back up to find a little place to pull in while the other one passes.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
The new pics you posted are MUCH more reasonable. Nice pics by the way. :thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts