Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Obsessive Customizer
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today brought me a new present. I bought another widebody and it came today! She needs a rebuild, but I an looking forward to spending alot of time and sweat to bring her back to life and becoming a new companion to my 79 widebody. Just spent 2 hours with a friend of mine tonight writing a list (a very looooong list) of "to-do's". As things progress I will post before and after picts. Below are her arrival and shop picts.

:D :D :D

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
just out of curiosity, did you buy that in new jersey?

·
Obsessive Customizer
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just out of curiosity, did you buy that in new jersey?
Yes, from East Coast Corvettes. I had looked at a few others but this one needed more work (lol so I bought it) and saw more potential to do my own style to it.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
thought so, i saw that one when i went to look at a 69 he had. personally i did not like the guy. (tried to sell me a car with a bent frame and told me it was no big deal) car looks good though, good luck with it

·
Registered
745 Posts
Oh yeah me likey:thumbsup: good luck

·
Registered
636 Posts
Looks like an interesting project. Looking forward to seeing progress pictures. I'm envious of the amount of tire you can stuff in those fenders.
One thing that puzzles me. I'm not trying to be difficult here, but I've seen several cars with the upper fender vents that appear to be on backwards. Am I misreading the picture? It looks like air would be pulled into the fender, rather than being pulled out. What am I missing here?
Again, keep us updated with pictures.

ps: I've got a Coke machine just like yours.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
141 Posts
She needs a rebuild, but I an looking forward to spending alot of time and sweat to bring her back to life and becoming a new companion to my 79 widebody. Just spent 2 hours with a friend of mine tonight writing a list (a very looooong list) of "to-do's". As things progress I will post before and after picts. Below are her arrival and shop picts.
:D :D :D
If that yellow 79 widebody with the checkerd flag pattern in your photo album is the 79 your referencing I'm sure this will be done right and turn out beautiful. From the picutres I saw that 79 is spectacular. Congrats, nice find, have fun with it and keep the pictures coming.:thumbsup:

·
Obsessive Customizer
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Peterey, yes the yellow/white 79 is my other one. Hopefully this one will turn out as well as that one has. It was a blast.

Turbo84, it is true that some fender vents have sometimes been put on backwards. When I get back to the car I will take another look. If they are backwards, I would cut them out and turned them during the body makeover. Just another thing to add to the list. I'm sure tonight I will have added another 24, 25+ things to do.

And your not being difficult. Good observation. It may just be the light causing tricks, but I will check.

·
Obsessive Customizer
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So are those based on a Greenwood body kit basically?
Yes. It is basically a "street-version" of John Greenwoods race car kit design.

And it is already planned to give her more tire! The 350 sitting it will pulled and after the standard hot tanking and so on, will become a fresh stroked 383.

·
Registered
550 Posts

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Looks like greenwood panels, the ecklers ar narrower in the rear and does not have the grilled rear openings. It looks like this one has the full width rear race panels , the whale tail is aprt of the daytona package, the rear race cars w/ that wide rear had integrated spoilers on those rear quarters running into a large ducktail type spoiler on the rear like the GTs had. The front does look like the ecklers can am one, the greenwood gt's had side louvers that stick out.

Dang, wish I had those rear quarters and the door pieces, I know where to find a full race width front.

The car needs a lot more wheel and tire in the rear. My dream car is something like this one

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
How about a pic of the two of them together now then when your done you'll have the after pic as well.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Looks like greenwood panels, the ecklers ar narrower in the rear and does not have the grilled rear openings. It looks like this one has the full width rear race panels , the whale tail is aprt of the daytona package, the rear race cars w/ that wide rear had integrated spoilers on those rear quarters running into a large ducktail type spoiler on the rear like the GTs had. The front does look like the ecklers can am one, the greenwood gt's had side louvers that stick out.

Dang, wish I had those rear quarters and the door pieces, I know where to find a full race width front.

The car needs a lot more wheel and tire in the rear. My dream car is something like this one
I would like to build one like that next.That is the look.I will probably wind up makin my own panels.(unless I find one that is started on and close to that.)
Customvettes,That's a nice find!I think it will be the prfect stablemate for the other.:thumbsup:

·
Obsessive Customizer
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How about a pic of the two of them together now then when your done you'll have the after pic as well.
I could probably do that when I get some time. The interior is torn apart riht now so when i ge tthe seats (at least) put back in I can move it and get the shots.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts