Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or does your vette get better with time? I have owned my C6 coupe for just about 15 months now, its got close to 8k miles and seems to be faster, smoother and better than ever. We just finished a long 2500-mile road trip and that’s when I really started to notice the power increase and smoothness. No more jumpy shifts or stiffness of any kind in the transmission, I am finally used to the clutch, and she seems to be making more power across the board. Anybody else experience this?

·
Registered
759 Posts
YES! I'm at just under a year and 4600 miles and It's getting better everyday

and I think my exhaust is opening up a little. I removed the clutch spring and

It feels a lot smoother. I worked on my open palm 2nd to 3rd shifting today and

I had some nice results! the freekin thing was sucking itself up into 3rd gear.

poor runflats! :laughing:

·
Registered
46 Posts
shifting smoother

my 07 Z51 has about 1500 miles and recently noticed that the shifts are significantly smoother. i thought the diablo program i installed 2 weeks age had something to do with the change, but if your car improved without programming, if may just be a coincidence.

·
Registered
65 Posts
oh my god yes, i replaced my clutch spring w/ a c5 clutch spring and that was unbeliable in clutch/engagement. i also put a superchip in,(gave the red dragon a little more juice) and it made it even better in driveability, got rid of the skip shift.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is it just me or does your vette get better with time? I have owned my C6 coupe for just about 15 months now, its got close to 8k miles and seems to be faster, smoother and better than ever. We just finished a long 2500-mile road trip and that’s when I really started to notice the power increase and smoothness. No more jumpy shifts or stiffness of any kind in the transmission, I am finally used to the clutch, and she seems to be making more power across the board. Anybody else experience this?
Power increases can be very psycological and subjective, especially when driven on public roads where one doesn't even come close to the limits of a car like this.
But as for the transmission becoming smoother, for sure. All of those machined parts with their square, sharp edges, getting deburred and smoothed by running them in.
Don't know what kind of oil Corvettes run in their transmission but I know that owners of another make (the P word) uses synthetic Swepco transmission fluid almost universally.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This may be comparing apples to oranges, but the LS6 in my CTS-V started to loosen up and make more power around 20,000 miles or so. Just SOTP, but very noticeable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This may be comparing apples to oranges, but the LS6 in my CTS-V started to loosen up and make more power around 20,000 miles or so. Just SOTP, but very noticeable.
It is a fact that an engine will loosen up and produce more power after some miles, but though I have no hard data on actual increases I would think that the amount would be small compared to the base HP. Other factors will influence power output noticeably such as extremely hot temps, oxygenated fuels and ethanol in your fuel. So many variables.
Bottom line. As long as you are happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts