Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the car show at the Texas State Fair in Dallas last night.

They had on '04 CE (a vert) and a couple of coupes displayed only. They didn't even have the '04 Z06 CE! I was underwhelmed by the display. The SS got a much more prominent position, I thought. 'Guess they're getting ready for January.

comments?

·
Registered
662 Posts
bkuper said:
I went to the car show at the Texas State Fair in Dallas last night.

...They didn't even have the '04 Z06 CE! I was underwhelmed by the display....comments?
Given what one will go for at retail I'm not surprised. You've probably noticed that over the years Corvette has done very little advertising relative to other makes. If something sells you don't need to advertise it.

I'd be willing to bet that Chevy has more orders for the '04 Z06 CE than they had planned to produce.

It could also simply indicate that there were other shows the marketing department was committed to and only so many Z06 CEs were available. Given the savoir faire of Texas car enthusiasts perhaps they felt it unnecessary to display something everyone was aware of.

Corvette racing has announced that the will race the current C5-R up to and including Le Mans, after which they will finish the ALMS season with the C6-R. So perhaps there is merit to you conclusion.

Ray

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Patrick96LT4 said:
It was an actual Chevrolet display?
yes. the show is an annual event and it's huge. each of the gm marques is displayed, as well as ford, chrysler, foreign stuff, etc.
nothing exotic, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts