Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's Spring !!!

:excited: :excited:

Well last Saturday (3/15) I got the insurance back on the vettes and took the Z06 for a spin. First time since last Nov 1st. It felt so good. Now we have rain in the area for the next several days, which should wash the salt speed bumps away. This weekend is looking good for another spin and maybe next week I’ll drive the vette into work.

Anyone else?

:cheers:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Shhhh!, don't tell anyone. My insurance guy lets me call him put the car on for a weekend then call and tell him it's back in storage on Monday. With that in mind, I'm waiting a few more weeks although I had it out this weekend and hated to put it back.

I changed my insurance to show my wife as head of the household, it will save me about 10% on house and cars. This will take effect when I renew or take the car out for real, so I wanted to give it a few weeks. Bottom line was since I had to personally guarantee a vehicle loan and building loan for my biz use, my credit rating dropped (go figure) and my wife's is now better than mine. It's weird but the money is better in my pocket than the ins co.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Re: It's Spring !!!

ragvette said:
:excited: :excited:

Well last Saturday (3/15) I got the insurance back on the vettes and took the Z06 for a spin. First time since last Nov 1st. It felt so good. Now we have rain in the area for the next several days, which should wash the salt speed bumps away. This weekend is looking good for another spin and maybe next week I’ll drive the vette into work.

Anyone else?

:cheers:
I'm in! :cheers:

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
stilcrazee said:
Shhhh!, don't tell anyone. My insurance guy lets me call him put the car on for a weekend then call and tell him it's back in storage on Monday. With that in mind, I'm waiting a few more weeks although I had it out this weekend and hated to put it back.

I changed my insurance to show my wife as head of the household, it will save me about 10% on house and cars. This will take effect when I renew or take the car out for real, so I wanted to give it a few weeks. Bottom line was since I had to personally guarantee a vehicle loan and building loan for my biz use, my credit rating dropped (go figure) and my wife's is now better than mine. It's weird but the money is better in my pocket than the ins co.
So, what would you do if on, say a Thursday, a REALLY SEVERE SNOWSTORM drops about 5 tons of the white stuff on your roof, causing it to collapse on your car? ;) :D

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Bubs is correct, I drop collision and liability when I park it in storage. Always have fire theft and comprehensive. Car is clear so I am not required by finance co to have what I drop.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
stilcrazee said:
Bubs is correct, I drop collision and liability when I park it in storage. Always have fire theft and comprehensive. Car is clear so I am not required by finance co to have what I drop.
I keep full-time insurance on it, because I like to drive it whenever I can!:partyon:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
I keep full-time insurance on it, because I like to drive it whenever I can!:partyon:
I have classic insurance year round through Haggerty and it's MUCH cheaper than most for full coverage on FLYING COLORS.
It's always great at any time to be able to take it out and play with it! :surprised :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts