Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Corvette black over black
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold my C8. I had been driving Corvettes daily for thirty years and the C8 was an exceptionally good car, even better than I had imagined. I was intoxicated with its style, speed, comfort, handling, and power from the day I got it in May 2020. Something strange happened to me though...the car is just too good to drive every day. It should be a special occasion car, something you take out on a winding mountain road on a nice sunny Saturday, not a car you commute with or take to the grocery store. So I bought a boring little Cadillac XT4 as a daily driver, and while I was at it I started thinking...what's going to happen to the beautiful C8 I bought, it will just sit there in the garage day after day until I get the chance to enjoy it. So I sold it, hopefully the new owner will drive it the way it was meant to be, tearing around a race track or going through the twisties, something I don't have the time to do. The C8 was literally the finest automobile I have ever owned in my life and I will miss it, but at least I get to enjoy seeing others on the road from time to time. Peace out.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
43,511 Posts
You'll get another one soon. The Caddy just isn't the same feel

Reactions: 6 Shooter

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sold my C8. I had been driving Corvettes daily for thirty years and the C8 was an exceptionally good car, even better than I had imagined. I was intoxicated with its style, speed, comfort, handling, and power from the day I got it in May 2020. Something strange happened to me though...the car is just too good to drive every day. It should be a special occasion car, something you take out on a winding mountain road on a nice sunny Saturday, not a car you commute with or take to the grocery store. So I bought a boring little Cadillac XT4 as a daily driver, and while I was at it I started thinking...what's going to happen to the beautiful C8 I bought, it will just sit there in the garage day after day until I get the chance to enjoy it. So I sold it, hopefully the new owner will drive it the way it was meant to be, tearing around a race track or going through the twisties, something I don't have the time to do. The C8 was literally the finest automobile I have ever owned in my life and I will miss it, but at least I get to enjoy seeing others on the road from time to time. Peace out.
Interesting...I've heard stories similar to this many, many, many times and more often than not, the owner regrets selling later....but if you can just up and buy another, so what and maybe no regrets....half of the fun for me is searching and buying, but it can get a little crazy and wasteful some would say. I think about my vette like the OP did his C8, but I know I'd regret selling because it won't be there for those special occasional rides, but I'll end up having a nice C5 for the more daily driving routines and my higher end vette for special occasions or therapy runs every now and then. I think it's ok if it sits there day after day for the few moments I want to jump in it and drive it, it's there and I can. I do drive it as often as I can, which is still few and far in between just because of life's circumstances at the moment (and it's all good too).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts