Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my vette had hard a pretty hard life. You would never guess by the low miles that it has been through so much. So let’s begin. My grandpa about 26 years ago was looking at buying a new car. To this day I have no idea why he is the cheapest man I know. He wanted a Corvette or a Datsun Z. Thank god he picked the Corvette or I might not be on this great forum today :laughing:

The vette started life easy enough. My grandpa drove it to IL to show his family then was park. Every now and then it would be driven like any vette should. He brings it in for its check up at the dealers. Then its starts going down hill for the poor thing. At the deal a lot tech drove the vette around with the door open. While drive he hit a cement flower pot with the driver side door taking a nice bit of the door off.

After that ordeal the vette was fixed and taken home. A few years later he brings the vette bake to the deal for some work. You guessed it the dealer ****ed us again. A worker at the dealer was fired and on his way out he decided to steal the vette. Luckily the man was pulled over few weeks later buy a friend of my dads. The thief handed the officer the registration with my gramps name. The officer read the name and said you sir are not Tom Belt, please step out of the car. Talk about fortune being on your side. The icing on the cake is after he cuffed the thief he laid him down in a red ant mound :laughing: Serves the bastard right! I was only 5 or so at this point but I remember going to court and his being sentenced to a few year for thief. Best part is he had a pool stick in the vette when he was arrested, which I still use when I go and play :partyon:

A few years later my grandpa was out driving the vette when he was caught up in a bit of hail. The hail did a bit to the hood making of have to replace the center stripe.

Then under my care my first incident happened. I just got new tires replacing the originals. Right when I pull out and start driving down the street a SUV with to kids around my age pass going the other way. My god the sound was so load I thought they hit me and took off half of my vette. I flip a MAD BITCH! then try to catch up to them. They took a road that had so many deep pot holes I could not keep up and they got away. After that I parked and looked over my vette. They did not hit my but thrown an orange as best I could tell at me. Scared the living hell out of me!

Theres a bit more to its life but this has already gotten long enough :laughing:
Even with all this it still looks damn good!

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When do we get to read chapter #2? Great story nice looking C3.
Ha I allready have stuff for chapter 2, I just did not think people would read something that long :laughing:

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's the stories that make the cars so special.

Chapter 2 please....
ya I'll get on it sometime. I need more beer though. I hate typeing plus I need the booze to take the pain away :laughing:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts