Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my vette back together after repairs and paint. This has been a six month project. Not too bad for a car that's been wrecked 3 times and totaled twice! It looks like my avatar if the picture doesn't load.
What do you guys think?

Cougar :buhbye:

Attachments

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
Your paint job is awesome. Love the color combo. :partyon:

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kaos: there are more pictures on my profile page if they've been approved. I can't get them loaded here. I'll try again later. Gotta go drive it!

Mike: I repaired the back where it was hit in the rear a few years ago. Hand reformed a lot of the rear. Replaced the hood with the L88 and did a few other body things (toyed with flares) , then pulled the parts off. Its actually a MAACO paint job, but not a typical one. I know these guys well and we took our time on it. It aint perfect but it aint 8 grand like my Dad's 66 was. I think I have 2 grand total start to finish, including the hood.

Thanks for the compliments. I love it! It looks a lot different than when my friend owned it; but I think he would like it. Gotts to run it by the cemetary to show him soon.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I like the car and paint job and paint scheme,but i would up date the rims on it,those rims dont go with it.just my opinion:thumbsup:

·
Banned
6,201 Posts
Very cool Paint job, Silver and Blue..

Also I like the Tops.. are they solid black, or transparent tint?

Good Job Bro! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The top is dark tint. I really did that to give me more head room but then loved the way it looked. The wife likes it topless but I think it looks more complete this way.

The wheels were just something I had. I want to put Foose Legends on it but gotta save up for those.

I'm going to drive her 3 or 4 times a week to give my camaro a break. 2010 RS. I don't want to wear either out.

By the way there are pictures posted on my profile along with my Dad's 66 coupe and what my car looked like before.

Thanks again.
Cougar:buhbye:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Man that looks like crap!

JUST KIDDING! It looks awesome! Nicely done, and I'm sure it will turn some heads when you drive by.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man that looks like crap!

:surprised:thud:

JUST KIDDING! It looks awesome! Nicely done, and I'm sure it will turn some heads when you drive by.
:cheers: Thanks! I'm having fun with it!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Good for you.... I'm still waiting for mine to come back from paint...I'm jealous, car looks great...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Finally got my vette back together after repairs and paint. This has been a six month project. Not too bad for a car that's been wrecked 3 times and totaled twice! It looks like my avatar if the picture doesn't load.
What do you guys think?

I think that the blue car looks nice! I like it. I should envy you for that luxurious car. :thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts