Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's what I keep telling myself :laughing: I figured I'd post these pics from my camping trip this past weekend. Once a year we go down to the corner of the province to camp, and all of us take special interest vehicles of some sort. So the time comes that we need firewood, and neither of us have a truck (my vette, a friends 53 pontiac custom and another friends Lancer RA). So what to do? Why, lay a tarp out and haul more than just ass of course!

So I wheel up to the woodpile (I'm getting strange looks from a couple people who were walking up to it). I back in, pop my hatch, and proceed to stack in chunks of wood. Well, in the middle of this a couple kids come up and start asking me a million questions, one of which was "Why don't you have some big speakers in the back". I thought it would be funny, so I replied "Cuz I'd have no room for firewood". They didn't get it, but they did look over the car good.

I continue loading, and I notice that the couple that were staring before are getting wood. The guy is stacking wood into the girl's arms (kind of backwards, but whatever). She's staring at me (not even politely, which was funny, full eye contact and everything) and every couple seconds she says "Brian", to which the guy with her would kind of look at her then carry on. She does this about four more times when finally he gets fed up and gets up to say something. He made it about halfway when he saw what I was doing.... All of a sudden I have two people, fully staring at me as I heap wood into my hatch. I just gave them the polite nod once I finished, got in the car, and went back to the campsite. I just love breaking the vette-guy stereotype :laughing:

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
We get the same look when we get stuff at Lowe's or Home Depot.

Corvette puts the SPORT in Sport Utility Vehicle!

Steven

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
If you don't mind hauling stuff,you can lower your cars ride height with 4 bags of concrete:laughing:

·
Registered
1987 Z51 Coupe and 2015 Z06/Z07 Coupe
746 Posts
Don't feel bad. The previous owner of my car ferried the engine block to one of his cars around in the back of mine. He pointed out the small crack in the interior from doing so to me. I've had some rediculous stuff in the back as well. Who ever pays attention to the 100LB cargo limit in the door jamb? :lookinup:

·
Daily News
2,373 Posts
I'll bet I hauled 75 lbs. of ground beef, brats and hotdogs in the back of mine last weekend during my son's birthday party cook-out. :laughing:

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Grocery getter usually doesn't come to mind when one thinks Corvette, but my '92 holds more cargo than my Wife's little SUV.

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Yeah, thats like the time I stuffed a body in the trunk of....Never mind :lookinup:

·
I have poor impulse control.
3,813 Posts
That's what I keep telling myself :laughing: I figured I'd post these pics from my camping trip this past weekend. Once a year we go down to the corner of the province to camp, and all of us take special interest vehicles of some sort. So the time comes that we need firewood, and neither of us have a truck (my vette, a friends 53 pontiac custom and another friends Lancer RA). So what to do? Why, lay a tarp out and haul more than just ass of course!

So I wheel up to the woodpile (I'm getting strange looks from a couple people who were walking up to it). I back in, pop my hatch, and proceed to stack in chunks of wood. Well, in the middle of this a couple kids come up and start asking me a million questions, one of which was "Why don't you have some big speakers in the back". I thought it would be funny, so I replied "Cuz I'd have no room for firewood". They didn't get it, but they did look over the car good.

I continue loading, and I notice that the couple that were staring before are getting wood. The guy is stacking wood into the girl's arms (kind of backwards, but whatever). She's staring at me (not even politely, which was funny, full eye contact and everything) and every couple seconds she says "Brian", to which the guy with her would kind of look at her then carry on. She does this about four more times when finally he gets fed up and gets up to say something. He made it about halfway when he saw what I was doing.... All of a sudden I have two people, fully staring at me as I heap wood into my hatch. I just gave them the polite nod once I finished, got in the car, and went back to the campsite. I just love breaking the vette-guy stereotype :laughing:

Good pics, man! :thumbsup:

you should have seen the looks I got when I took my vette to the lumber company to pick up some rolls of roofing felt a while back. :laughing: The looks were priceless. The guy that brought the felt to my car looked at me like I was :crazy: when I was loading the felt into the car. :rolling:

·
Registered
738 Posts
LOL, I hauled 4 bags of concrete and 2 8' 4x4's home in my 77 once, and I did have some big ass speakers in it.:thumbsup:

·
Daily News
2,373 Posts
Good pics, man! :thumbsup:

you should have seen the looks I got when I took my vette to the lumber company to pick up some rolls of roofing felt a while back. :laughing: The looks were priceless. The guy that brought the felt to my car looked at me like I was :crazy: when I was loading the felt into the car. :rolling:
Good thing that mofo didn't break your rear cargo area hold and fall out on the road! :surprised

·
Registered
816 Posts
LOL, I hauled 4 bags of concrete and 2 8' 4x4's home in my 77 once, and I did have some big ass speakers in it.:thumbsup:
How did that work?

·
Registered
322 Posts
These cars don't have much space, but the way its laid out makes it easy to jam it full.

I've carried a full set of wheels & tires, 8' 2x4s, pipe, unassembled furniture, all kinds of crap.

If it really don't fit, I just tie the rear hatch down. The ratcheting strap hooks connect perfectly to the hatch latch.

I have a fullsize F150 and it sucks for carrying stuff, there's no where to put anything. The seats fold up, but there's no floor space, so you stack it on the rear seat. It always ends up in a pile when I get back to the house. And I tried loading groceries in the bed, that lasts until the first stop sign. So I leave it at home and take the vette.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
You must of had 2 bags on your lap.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Why not? I once brought home a 6' Christmas tree in my 69 coupe. Just removed the passenger side top panel and stood it up in the foot well.

·
Registered
176 Posts
i look at the "corvette pickup for sale link" COOLEST PICKUP EVAR!!!

ILL TAKE IT!!!:rolling: :thud: :thud: :rolling:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts