Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guess the righties aren't much better at it are they...lol

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110106/ts_yblog_theticket/the-112th-congress-might-have-to-start-all-over-again

The 112th Congress might have to start all over again
By Holly Bailey
Buzz up!4 votes Share
retweet
EmailPrint..By Holly Bailey holly Bailey – 1 hr 23 mins ago
Here's something John Boehner might feel the need to cry about: Just two days into the 112th Congress, there's a chance that the House might have to do all of its voting — including the roll call to elect a new Speaker — all over again.

Per Roll Call's Anna Palmer, House GOP leaders learned today that two of its members — Texas Rep. Pete Sessions and freshman Mike Fitzpatrick of Pennsylvania — weren't on the House floor yesterday during the official swearing-in ceremony.

According to the Morning Call's Colby Itkowitz, the two were hanging out at a shindig celebrating Fitzpatrick's first day in Congress when they looked up and noticed on TV that the oath was being administered.

The two reportedly raised their hands and joined along with their comrades, but under House rules, that doesn't count. Still, Sessions and Fitzpatrick continued to vote on the floor, even though they weren't technically sworn in, and that could invalidate every single vote the House has taken since yesterday.

Republicans, led by Rules Committee chairman David Dreier, are now looking to draft a rule to allow the pair's TV oath to count, but it would have to be approved by unanimous consent, and there's no sign Democrats, who are looking to slow down next week's planned vote on a repeal of President Obama's health-care plan, are willing to play ball.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
:laughing:

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
And we wonder why the government is so messed up. Really you missed the oath because you were at a party to celebrate your new position even though officially you had yet to assume office? All that tells me is that they are more proud of their achievement of being elected than actually working for the people who elected them. Classic I want the title I just don't want the work that comes with it. What a bunch of ****tards.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
That could very well be, regardless... to make it a point of contention -to the point of writing an entire article about it as if were an indication of sameness in-comparison to what has been recently and sweepingly, voted out -is laughable. Thus the smiley.

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Classic.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Classic... as it's been scene before ? -Or as though it will live on in memory and will be revisited in thoughts for years to come ?

Sometimes... the value in having nothing of value to say -is valuable in-itself. Moderationism... in it's value of consequence - speaks far louder then your espousal of self promotion -amounting to little more then a mockery in disguise of intellectual comprehension.

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Classic... as it's been scene before ? -Or as though it will live on in memory and will be revisited in thoughts for years to come ?

Sometimes... the value in having nothing of value to say -is valuable in-itself. Moderationism... in it's value of consequence - speaks far louder then your espousal of self promotion -amounting to little more then a mockery in disguise of intellectual comprehension.
Never before have I seen such a collection of impressive sounding words tossed together to mean next to nothing. :laughing:

But I digress. It is classic in both senses you mention. Classic in that it has been seen many times before AND that this will become a part of the socio-political lexicon.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
I just wanna know how a new congressman missed his own swearing in? Regardless of party affiliation how do you **** that up?

·
I have poor impulse control.
3,813 Posts
C

and have you ever heard the saying, "Practice what you preach."

:spanked::smack

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
and have you ever heard the saying, "Practice what you preach."

:spanked::smack

This claim could be made with validity... had I not previously explained the "goings on" to the "unwashed" masses.

Not bad, though... even if it did lend itself to much of the same. ;)

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Never before have I seen such a collection of impressive sounding words tossed together to mean next to nothing. :laughing:

But I digress. It is classic in both senses you mention. Classic in that it has been seen many times before AND that this will become a part of the socio-political lexicon.
OK... I'll explain it terms you may (or may not) understand.

You are full of ****... and this is nothing but a talking point for those of you that lack the intestinal fortitude (guts) to deal with your ideology being "face ****ed" by the vast majority of freedom loving and liberty appreciating citizens.

It is not classic in either sense of the word. A simpleton could see through the falsity you offer as truth... much like your entire ideology. Just because you lack the foresight to understand our governance... does not equate to the washed masses misunderstanding it's equation. -And, unlike those of your ideology... my espousal contained a sense, far beyond your real comprehension.

After all... USA Vette got my meaning... as it was beautifully written.

·
Registered
446 Posts

Ha,I've suffered through a few of your posts and believe you are the MASTER of "impressive sounding words that mean nothing":D

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Ha,I've suffered through a few of your posts and believe you are the MASTER of "impressive sounding words that mean nothing":D
You sir are just being supercalifragilisticexpialidocious :laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I don't know about the Pennsylvania guy, but Pete Sessions is a seasoned TX politician. He's doing what we want ALL of our politicians to do - spend a lot of time drinking and partying and just the minimal amount of time legislating. Because when they legislate, that's when things go south. Our legislature only meets for a couple of months every two years. I wish Washington would take some lessons from TX.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I don't know about the Pennsylvania guy, but Pete Sessions is a seasoned TX politician. He's doing what we want ALL of our politicians to do - spend a lot of time drinking and partying and just the minimal amount of time legislating. Because when they legislate, that's when things go south. Our legislature only meets for a couple of months every two years. I wish Washington would take some lessons from TX.
:agree:

There was a time when congressmen had real jobs and only met occasionally. Back then, representing their constituents was more important because it had a real impact on their own lives. Now the only thing that impacts them directly is re-election.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Happy new year everyone!

That could very well be, regardless... to make it a point of contention -to the point of writing an entire article about it as if were an indication of sameness in-comparison to what has been recently and sweepingly, voted out -is laughable. Thus the smiley.
If my newly elected representative, the man I just voted to represent me in congress, was too stupid to show up on the first day of work I would want to know about it. Additionally, I see no "indication of sameness...to what has been recently...voted out" mentioned in the article.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
You are correct... I should have stated "posting" instead of "writing" (an entire article)... as it was directed toward the post above mine -somewhat agreeing with his and your concern... but the bulk was in response to the OP and his choice of title and comment.

I still stand by my message. Nice catch -either way.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts