Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 coupe, and it's time to replace the tires. I currently have the Goodyear run flats, P245/45ZR17 on the front and P275/40ZR18 on the back that came with the car when I purchased it 4 years ago. I am looking for some quality suggestions from other vette owners on this. Thanks for you time.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
i have BFG GForce T/A KDW2's on my '00, and am fairly happy with their performance. I have about 25k miles on them and they still look pretty good. and their price makes them that much sweeter.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sports!!! Have them on mine and LOVE them. Had BF Goodrich T/A's on before these and like the RE760's a whole lot more! JMO.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I use the GoodYear Eagle F1 All Seasons. That's what I had on the car when I did all my track videos and they hug like glue, especially in the rain. Since I do a lot of road trips, I need a great rain and dry tire. These tires love water.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have about 1K on a set of Kumho Ecsta ASX. I wanted something that would really stick on wet because I run I-10 from Mobile AL to Pensacola FL every day and it tends to rain like pourin' it out of a boot at times. There are big grooves around like the old cheater slicks.

So far, if I have to slow below 70 it's REALLY coming down or Ma and Pa in the sedan ahead are skeered. No hydro yet with rain that you could barely see the car in front.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Toyo T1R's - Great tire, great price

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do Not Recommend Goodyear.

Have had Eagle F1 Run Flats on since February. They sound like four snow tires and are slippery in the rain.

:down:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Have had Eagle F1 Run Flats on since February. They sound like four snow tires and are slippery in the rain.

:down:
The exact same problem that I had with them and is also why I will never have run flats again.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
that and they dont last for ****

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
i got about 8 months out of the set that came on my '00

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
if it does i dont have to go to work lol :rolling: