Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yellow is gone and the primer process is underway.:thumbsup:

I am so incredibly excited, it's almost like watching a child grow.:D

For the record..I don't hate banana's! O.K. fess up... who put that in there?:laughing:

This was it when it first came to me. The paint was far from perfect. Whoever painted it before really liked yellow because everything, I mean EVERYTHING was painted yellow.:surprised Even the tires.:thud::laughing:

This will be my *update* thread for my 69 so stay tuned.;)

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
I'm watching you and the 69...:D

ZEP

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
I thought you had the right color on it already.:rolling::rolling:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Looking good!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
855 Posts
Awesome....my first 69 vette was red and if it were for not the flares on Kaos I would go with red again.

Looks like you live here in FL?? Saw the Palm trees in the background. If so we should try to meet up sometime.

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome....my first 69 vette was red and if it were for not the flares on Kaos I would go with red again.

Looks like you live here in FL?? Saw the Palm trees in the background. If so we should try to meet up sometime.
I actually live in Arizona, so meeting up might be a little more difficult.:thud:

This Vette will be painted Metallic Black with a Pearl White Stripe. I was going to go Red but that just seemed to predictable. I am going out of my comfort zone a bit and going more bold.:thumbsup:

I saw pictures of Dirty Rats C3 and was in love.:D It will be very similar looking to his, or at least that's the plan.

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good, how much body work was required before the primer?
Thanks Ponch.

It really didn't require much body work at all. Fiberglass repair was done on the very front of the car and a small part on the back. We were lucky, the car was in decent shape when we got it. It's just missing some vital components like the engine, trans, hood, seats, interior and all windows except the windshield. Oh well, ya can't have everything.:laughing:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
It looks like primer to me Red Hott

And that suits you ?

I hope you don't decide to paint it red

you already have a Red Vette

Bon

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
You are aware that RED Corvettes are