Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to jack up a C6 in order to remove one wheel. I want to clean the insides of my wheels and this is the only way I can really do it I think. All suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

John

·
Registered
347 Posts
Not really sure.

I've always jacked up my other car by putting the jack on the recessed spot for a jack underneath the engine cradle. Proceeded by jack stands on the control arms. Never looked underneath my Vette yet, it's too new lol.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I always use a Jack...:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

No really there are a couple of ways but I use a puck at the front side lifting point and a race jack you can lift frount and rear at the same time.

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
first off you need a low profile jack, i bought an aluminum race jack good for 2 tons for $99. you then can slide the jack under the front of the car, there are two parallel beams, you want the one more towards the middle of the car. place a 2X6 between the jack and the cross beam and lift. you can then place 2 jack stands on the perimeter where there are recessed and use a hockey puck to prevent damage to the frame. work your way to the back of the car, again lift the more middler beam using a 2X6 as a cushion then place your remaining 2 jack stands. if desired i can put together an in depth DIY for this as i have neevr gotten a clear definitive answer.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses. I now have a garage where I'm living so it has become about 100 times easier to keep the car clean so I figure I might as well go all out and clean everything.

·
Registered
121 Posts
To jack one wheel I just use one of the aluminum jack pads/pucks I got from Mid America.

Whatever puck you use make sure it provides enough clearance in case the jack has a lip which would wind up damaging the rocker panel. :thumbsup:

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
i wouldnt recomend lifting one corner of the car, rather lift from the prefered locations at either the front or rear to prevent twisting the frame.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts