Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jay Leno as many of you know, routinely drives cars from his collection. Jay has some very rare cars.
I drove my 2000 coupe almost every day commuting over 100 miles round trip to work. After I retired the wife used it for over a year as her driver.
The car now has 90k on it but still looks and runs great.
I have been in several shows with the car and the other O.F. my age always comment on how nice the car looks and are amazed when they learn the car has so many miles on it. (They are saving their cars for their wife's new husband to drive after they die.)

I drive rain or shine, hate love bugs though. Car has been washed every week without fail and sometimes twice a week. NXT polish every month with a complete interior detail. Oil Change when DIC tells me-uses no oil!
I love driving this car!
OGC5:buhbye:

·
Registered
533 Posts
I totally agree - drive them and enjoy them because you really don't know when it will all be snatched away. :thumbsup: :agree: :cheers:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yeah, I'm not afraid of rain.:devil:

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
(They are saving their cars for their wife's new husband to drive after they die.)
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Jay Leno as many of you know, routinely drives cars from his collection. Jay has some very rare cars.
I drove my 2000 coupe almost every day commuting over 100 miles round trip to work. After I retired the wife used it for over a year as her driver.
The car now has 90k on it but still looks and runs great.
I have been in several shows with the car and the other O.F. my age always comment on how nice the car looks and are amazed when they learn the car has so many miles on it. (They are saving their cars for their wife's new husband to drive after they die.)

I drive rain or shine, hate love bugs though. Car has been washed every week without fail and sometimes twice a week. NXT polish every month with a complete interior detail. Oil Change when DIC tells me-uses no oil!
I love driving this car!
OGC5:buhbye:
You sir, are a Vette Dog.

Most wax, we drive. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
594 Posts
:agree: Me TOO!!!

As I said in a similar thread (driving in the rain...) there's already one 98 Indy Pace Car in the Vette Museum...mine's a DRIVER!!!

I'm sure not making those monthly loan/insurance payments so someone else can enjoy it later...:partyon:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts