Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting a CJ7 body on a 1984 C4 chassis.
Pics of the vette and Jeep originally and some of the car. I'm putting a 2001 Silverado 4.8 LR4/4l60e in it.

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts
That is insane, cant wait to see it complete! Keep this thread updated if you can:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
LOL - behold the JETTE. Keep us posted between therapy sessions.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
That is original. That's for sure. Please do keep this thread updated as you progress with the project. I've enjoyed watching the V8 Beetle and think this could be a good thread to follow as well.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Wow that is so weird I come across this thread. About two weeks ago a customer came in for the yearly inspection with an old army jeep on a c4 frame. Had a chevy 350 in it. White with chrome rims. It looked like the guy put alot of time into it.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
OK So I have to ask...why? Don't misunderstand I dig it, I really do and look forward to the completion of this for sure it's going to be insane but how did you get here? Did you wake up one day and yell "Honey, can I combine a Corvette and a Jeep?" If so, how did she answer?:laughing:

·
Registered
493 Posts
That c4 didnt look like it was in bad shape to begin with. What happened with it?

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
OK So I have to ask...why? Don't misunderstand I dig it, I really do and look forward to the completion of this for sure it's going to be insane but how did you get here? Did you wake up one day and yell "Honey, can I combine a Corvette and a Jeep?" If so, how did she answer?:laughing:
:agree:

I too kinda like it, but am confused on the why:huh:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:agree:

I too kinda like it, but am confused on the why:huh:
Yes. Good question. Got an ME degree and wanted to design cars. Ended up a high school math teacher and so I build custom cars instead. I don't ever want to do something that has been done before. Like to be different and it shouldn't look stock.

I built this 4x4 MB wagon 9 years ago, no longer with me.

This is my daily driver. 1974 Civic shell wrapped around a shortened AWD 1990 Civic wagovan chassis with a 1994 d15z1 vtec motor and a small IHI turbo. I put 120K miles on it since I built it in '03. 7 major conversions, never bought an adapter or a custom wiring harness.

But, as you suspect, I have deep issues.

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
That c4 didnt look like it was in bad shape to begin with. What happened with it?
:agree: Poor little donor Corvette.:(

It will be interesting to see the Jeep when it's completed, good luck with your project.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow that is so weird I come across this thread. About two weeks ago a customer came in for the yearly inspection with an old army jeep on a c4 frame. Had a chevy 350 in it. White with chrome rims. It looked like the guy put alot of time into it.
Cool. I'd like to find out more about it. I thought I was the first but I guess not. Can you point me in the right direction to find out more?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:agree: Poor little donor Corvette.:(

It will be interesting to see the Jeep when it's completed, good luck with your project.:thumbsup:
Thanks Red Hot C6 Girl. Yes, it was sad to destroy that C4. But I bought it for only $900 with a bad tranny. The body was almost perfect but the interior wasn't so good, digital dash didn't work. C4's aren't worth too much around here. Don't get me wrong, I like them but they're just not worth very much. What year is your C6? I like your C3 too.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
C-4's aren't worth much most of anywhere:laughing: I followed your link to LS1tech after posting. I saw your other creations. Nice work, you have made some cool cars. Now quit holding out on us and post more pics and how it's going.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I wish I could find one for 900 bucks around here. Even the old ratted out ones are 2 grand plus. If I could find one in the condition that one was for 900 bucks, my wife would get a c4 for Christmas. She'd love it, but she'd also say it was just an excuse for me to have another one around :laughing: Maybe its good that I dont live out your way :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts