Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing a total restore of my 1977 Corvette, in the next few weeks. I'll be working on the interior, I found a LED cluster kit where the oil, battery, gas and water gages are located between the odometer and trip meter. Which leaves Instrument cluster bezel open for the Jensen digital touchscreen display, it looks like I'll have space for either a 10" or 7" touch monitor, from bottom to top it's will be 11" (includes 4" from the bottom of the radio to the bottom of the display) and for the large screen it's 10" side to side.

Have upgraded the engine to a GM Goodwrench 350, with fuel injection and updated the A/C. The original engine was too badly damaged to repair, cracked block among other proglems.

Has anyone done this, would like some feedback if it's a good or bad idea, problems I might have or if you have a better display I should be using.

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
Jensen has never had a great reputation for reliability, I sold it in my stereo shop back in the 90's with the same experience. That said I bought a Jensen unit for my 02 gmc truck because it checked all the boxes including on board gps. I expected probs and gambled. Sent it back twice but have now kept it about five years, gps tapped out, they make it hard to update etc... Gave up on it a year ago and will try again to get the gps going as it was really good when working. YMMV

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree with Cructhfeild suggestion. Call them their advisors are really good.

Sent from my T790S using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts