Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Nice! I look back at those days, and given the technology available to them, I really admire their spirit and bravery.

Our technical library at work has lots of discussions between the engineering and science types about how well our products were going to survive in space applications - and documents how closely we worked with NASA in trying to figure this stuff out.

Steven

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
do you have any more of the backstory?

·
Premium Member
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you have any more of the backstory?
I had heard rumors that this Vette was still in the Houston area, but did not know anything solid until now. I knew Jim Lovell's Vette was a 68 small block automatic and that it was light blue with blue interior, so it very well could be authentic.

I just got another email from him and what he said was these Vettes are owned by his boss.

Here are some more pics taken this afternoon:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
They look like that haven't been driven much.

Great looking rides. :partyon:

·
Premium Member
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have any more pictures of the '64 fuelie?
These are all the pics he sent me. He had no idea what the fuelie was other than that is was a Vette. I asked him to take some more shots of it especially under hood shots, but he had already left there.

·
Premium Member
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pretty sure that is my old car
That is a nice Vette!!

All I know about it is that it is stored in a secure storage unit in Friendswood, TX. I will try to find out more info on it and let you know. Do you know the last few numbers of the VIN?

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
holy smokes, that's crazy if that's really your old car, L88. How long did you have it? Looks perfectly mint!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts