Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy told me today, that my pc compacts a saved pic whenever I close it after looking. Then when it compacts there is a degradation in resolution. Is this right?

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Nope.

Viewing an image does nothing to the image.

But, if you load it into a paint program, and resave as JPG, by default the file will most likely be compressed and the image quality will be reduced depending on the level of compression chosen.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
382 Posts
My photo program comes up with a message that says photo quality will be reduced saving to jpg. But I can't see any difference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
jpegs

Jepegs come in different compressions and Patrick is right that each time you save it, it re-compresses the photo....you could probably save it 20 times or more before you see a difference...but most likely only in a printed photo. Your monitor has a low resolution(dpi) and it would be hard to notice.

I own a photography studio and we always use .tif files which is not compressed and gives the ultimate quality but the file sizes can get real big.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,746 Posts
Thanks for the info Bruthish and Welcome to dc. Come back often and keep the info coming. Make sure you upload some of your Corvette pictures to the gallery

1 - 5 of 5 Posts