Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2001 C5 convertible, Millenium Yellow, Pro-Charger......
14 Posts
Please don't take this wrong....I am a true believer that anyone that owns a high performance car.....Should ..........Look into the Bob Bondurant school of " Driving" !! When I came home from my "government vacation" in 1973 I bought a 1972 Datsun 240 Z car and went through that school ......It has saved my backside many.....many.....times !! Its FUN....too !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Please don't take this wrong....I am a true believer that anyone that owns a high performance car.....Should ..........Look into the Bob Bondurant school of " Driving" !! When I came home from my "government vacation" in 1973 I bought a 1972 Datsun 240 Z car and went through that school ......It has saved my backside many.....many.....times !! Its FUN....too !
Thank you for the suggestion. I will contemplate this. However, although we all have room for improvement, this right here was simply a wrong place wrong time, traffic on my ass and nowhere to go situation. I’m a damn good driver, but I’m certain about this situation being unavoidable. Given that, if I can find something near me to improve my skills, I’ll definitely look into it

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Look you are a first time corvette owner. Nothing to regret it could have been better could’ve worse. These cars have a steep learning curve. I know mine has made me look silly on more than one occasion. A competitive driving course will help anyone who can afford and have the ability to attend one. I on the other hand find a straight wide road or empty parking lot and see what the quirks of the car are. Still it has surprised me on occasion. But above all if it’s wet out be careful extreme summer tires do not care for water. Especially if their cold. This I believe is what got you not enough heat in the tires to have adequate grip. Cold tires will bite even the most experienced driver.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
43,334 Posts
But above all if it’s wet out be careful extreme summer tires do not care for water. Especially if their cold.
Several years ago I put on some Goodyear GSD3 tires. They are supposed to be good in wet conditions with a deep "V" groove from the center out. On the sizes I needed there are no circumventing groves only the angled ones. On the trip back to Kentucky last weekend I went through some seriously hard rain and they held the road like a trooper with no squirming or hydroplaning. They are also a great summer gripping tire.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts