Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Its all Stock GM parts and yes it's all in my C4. I know this because I built it myself.
Well there you go! We're not comparing apples to apples! I 100% believe you when you say that it worked for you but on a C5, It's a different story. Check out this thread.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Well there you go! We're not comparing apples to apples! I 100% believe you when you say that it worked for you but on a C5, It's a different story. Check out this thread.
Could the difference in size on that thread be exacerbated by the fact that they are running a supercharger off that belt as well?

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Could the difference in size on that thread be exacerbated by the fact that they are running a supercharger off that belt as well?
He said that when he went to put the stock belt back on, that's when the issue arose. The only thing that he changed was the pulley and that's when he realized that the pulley was smaller than his stock one.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I almost forgot to update this thread. Power steering pump and hose are in and working. I did figure out something though. It is MUCH easier to install the power steering pump, high pressure hose and reservoir as ONE unit, especially if you have fat hands and no hose clamp pliers. I have the pliers and my fingers are not fat but I still had trouble getting everything connected after putting it in place. :(

·
Registered
673 Posts
Good thing you don't charge yourself labor. You'd have enough to buy a C6 ZR1 by now with the all work you've done that thing. Maybe 2 of em.

Good luck with the repair and see you in the next thread. I we should start a poll. "Guess what is going to break on AJ's Corvette next." :surprised

Just foolin. I hope nothing breaks after this for a good long time.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
:laughing:

Well, this one was my fault. I obviously didn't tighten it up well enough when I put it back together after doing my head gaskets. The reason was because I put it together separately and really couldn't get my hands or tools in there to get some good leverage. That's why I posted the thread. To save the next guy my headache.

I checked last night. I'm at 133,900 miles of some fun and hard driving at times. I'm definitely not going to complain since everything that has broken was either my fault or regular wear and tear. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
632 Posts
So where's your thread? That's a writeup just waiting to happen! :surprised
Ship It!~!!:thumbsup:
I'll send you the photos and my notes,you can write it up!~!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
"Service Column Lock" When you have 120 RC and it still ain't enough!:smack
Or Grounds........."Are really shocking." :laughing:

:D

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I can't do a writeup unless I do the job! You act like I know something about cars! :laughing:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I like car parts as much as the next guy Junkman But Dayum those legs were bangin!!!!! :thud::thud::surprised:partyon:
I keep a few pairs of those around the garage. It gives me something more fun to look at when I'm laying up under the car. :D ;)

·
Sir Dude
17,444 Posts
I can't do a writeup unless I do the job! You act like I know something about cars! :laughing:
:rolling::rolling::rolling:

Dear Dr. AJ
My car starts missing at about 7000 rpm and then I have to shift to a higher gear to get it to run again. Can you help?

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
:rolling::rolling::rolling:

Dear Dr. AJ
My car starts missing at about 7000 rpm and then I have to shift to a higher gear to get it to run again. Can you help?
Yes I can Mr. Ivan. Let Wendy drive.

Your helpful car guru,

Dr. AJ :laughing: :D

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Junkman,.. Happy Birthday! Semper Fi. Putting the interior back in following a "Mod" session. Been off the road a year and a half, worked all day, then realized I have to pull the console & put the dash in 1st, (I think). So I'm reviewing your stuff to see if instructions are there... hope you are well.

Attachments

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,433 Posts
You do realize that this is a 5 year old thread about power steering:laughing:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Junkman,.. Happy Birthday! Semper Fi. Putting the interior back in following a "Mod" session. Been off the road a year and a half, worked all day, then realized I have to pull the console & put the dash in 1st, (I think). So I'm reviewing your stuff to see if instructions are there... hope you are well.
If you need some instructions, start a new thread in C5 Technical and I will post them there.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts