Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I just joined the forum and thought I would share a little info and let you know what I'm up to. Currently 46yo, married, kids, not going through a midlife crisis. I will be in the market for a car sometime next year, I'll be donating my Tucson to one of the kids for them to start driving. Ive been a fan of corvettes (cars in general really) since I was little. When I was 11yo a relative of mine bought a new black '85. Once I saw it and got to ride in it my fate was sealed, been into corvettes and cars ever since then. If your curious, he still has that car and has just over 5,000 miles on it. I've had one corvette which was an '84 two-tone bronze, cloth interior, automatic. I liked it although under powered it was still fun to drive. Never had a problem with it except for the dash would randomly go out and come back on when it wanted to. May have been a bad ground somewhere, I don't know, never figured it out. Fast forward to todays time. I'm leaning heavily towards another corvette but looking at the C5's. Seems like you can get good deals on decent mileage ones and to be honest, miles don't scare me much on these as long as they haven't been beat to death and maintenance has been kept up. I'm just trying to find the pro's and con's of the C5 and just trying to educate myself about them. I still really like the C4 body but don't like the interior of the 90-96s, looks like there is good deals on the the earlier C4s with low mileage, still like the digital dash. The only I get the more I go back to things I like from my younger years. Anyway, as far as another Vette goes, it will basically be my daily driver but for what it's worth, I only drive my car once or twice a week, my true daily driver is a motorcycle. I never have more than 1 person with me in my car, if we all go somewhere as a family we take my wifes SUV. So after all this rambling on about stuff, it comes done to I'm just introducing myself, thinking about a C5 sometime in this coming year, and researching them in the meantime. Hello and hope you all are having a good night.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,622 Posts
Welcome to DC

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Did Santa put a C5 in the driveway? I love mine but I like the C6 more and more with the passage of time. Now, if they just had pop up lights...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Welcome. Had two C5's my self, '97 & '01, other than normal upkeep, no problems with either. I still consider the C5 the roomiest and most smoothest drive of the newer generations.
Plenty good one's out there, good luck on your quest.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Welcome ! Had a Black 85,was gona go up a few generations but bought another C4. Good luck with your search.

78 & 85 - Copy.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts