Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will probably be moved but I have a question. If someone were to post pics of their Vette on this site, would you openly tell them that their car didn't look good?

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
If you ask for others opinions, they will give you their opinion.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Yea most of the time the DC crew is strait to the point. No matter if its gonna hurt someones feelings. But when someone posts something and asks for an opinion, you have to accept the fact that some are going to be brutally honest. And in retrospect if you ask for an opinion you don't want people sugar coating things because then you may not get the answer you are looking for. I prefer honesty.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw it happen recently on the other site and I along with my wife were floored by it. I could just never personally do that. This wasn't a post asking opinions it was a post for pics and mods and one guy was ripped. I am a very outspoken person when it comes to issues I believe and stand for but just can't bring myself to put someone or someone's possessions down to their face or on a forum even if I think that it's bad. I grew up pretty poor and didn't have too much so I know how it feels to have something and really like it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Different strokes for different folks.Every body can find something they like about most any car.Well most anybody.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hey Brad,

If someone directly asked for my opinion I would give it to them, good or bad. But I would not simply bash on someone's car (or anything else for that matter). I still believe "If you don't have anything nice (or at least, constructive) to say, then don't say anything."

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Hey Brad,

If someone directly asked for my opinion I would give it to them, good or bad. But I would not simply bash on someone's car (or anything else for that matter). I still believe "If you don't have anything nice (or at least, constructive) to say, then don't say anything."
I agree. Unless someone asked for an honest opinion, I live by my parents advice: "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all".:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
I agree. Unless someone asked for an honest opinion, I live by my parents advice: "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all".:thumbsup:
:laughing: Unless you are talking about the President of the United States...:cheers:

·
Registered
7,962 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
You guys! I hope we all get to sit down for drinks one day. :thumbsup: :cheers:

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
You guys! I hope we all get to sit down for drinks one day. :thumbsup: :cheers:
When Jill and I retire in a year or so, we plan a road trip to visit all our friends on DC..:cheers:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who feels that way. I am sure that guy wasn't so happy when he saw how his hard work was slammed. I guess some people are just so miserable in life that they have to put everyone else down to feel good about themselves.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
See what happens when you hang out at CF?

:laughing:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Opinions are like...

...well, you know the saying. :D

There is a time to be honest and there is a time to say nothing. There will always be some who cannot or will not exercise good judgment to realize the difference or simply just will not care. The latter of these are usually insecure in their own selves. To each, his own I say.

There are times, however, when you just gotta ask yourself, even if in private, :WTF were they thinking? :rolling:

If you have ever seen Mel Brooks' History of the World Part 1, the Stone Age scene comes to mind: "...about 2 million years ago, the first artist was born. And, of course, with the birth of the artist, came the inevitable afterbirth, the critic." :smack

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
In the business I am in (Custom Design Work), I NEVER ask anyone what they "think"! Most people don't "think" until they are forced to and it is too much for them to handle :laughing:

Over 80% of my total revenue each year comes from client "revisions" based on trying to please other people they know (or don't know) and it drives their costs through the roof! No matter what I am designing for them (logo, branding, website, photography spreads, etc.), their reaction is usually "Wow, this looks awesome... let me show this to the bum down the street on the corner and see what he thinks and I will get back to you." The bum can't say, "Looks great!", this is the first time anyone has ever asked him what he thinks about ANYTHING!

One thing I have learned in designing everything from custom homes to custom cars the past 40+ years, when someone hires a professional with an education and experience in design and marketing, the final decision will be made by who he is sleeping with (i.e. his wife unless he has a GF) - not the one he hired for his expertise!

Where did that come from?:WTF

·
Registered
976 Posts
I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who feels that way. I am sure that guy wasn't so happy when he saw how his hard work was slammed. I guess some people are just so miserable in life that they have to put everyone else down to feel good about themselves.
I feel the same way there is a difference between being honest and completely ragging on someone.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts