Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Just A Thought Guys

9K views 88 replies 32 participants last post by  AFOSI 
#1 · (Edited)
If we produced a big Vette meet in Europe would y'all come. ?

#2 ·
If we produced a big Vette meet in Europe.....how many of y'all would be seriously into comin over n' joinin in the party Dudes. ?

#4 ·
That sounds like a LOT of fun, I would sure try to get there

#85 · (Edited)
It may not be bigger...but we strive for quality rather than quantity. Carlisle is a great show and meet undeniably, but it's about big $$$ and quite a bit of favoritism too. We noted many of the prime spots always allocated to buddy customers of the organizers,etc. It has become a huge commercial machine
just like Pomona. We attended both for years. Even the houses around Carlisle make big bucks every time there's an event, by permitting rv parking. That appeases them not to complain. We are all for free enterprise people, but let's see things clearly and not fantasize that these events are there for a genuine love of the people in the classic car family that travel from afar and pay their hard earned dough to patronise them. Without the latter, there would be no events.! We intend to do things differently. We will, if we get enough interest put on the best Vette event imagined and it will be based on the desires of Vetters not someone with a bit of property that wants to make it pay big $$$$$$$.! And yes, if this goes ahead Guys, we will walk the walk, because we believe in an event for Vette lover, by Vetters.! We gotta
DELIVER.!

#7 ·
I'll be in Scotland for 2 weeks in October, can you arrange the meet for then? :laughing:

#8 ·
I just can't DO it....money, time, all enter into it....not worth the travel expenses unless to to the touring thing...and well....i'ts not in MY cards....ever....

things didn't turn out that way...

:WTF :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

#12 ·
I'd go, if it wasn't for; the long flight, poor exchange rate, high cost (vs US) of just about everything and last but not least the language.

#13 · (Edited)
Oh........nice Response Guys

Well......we wanted to test the initial response first. If a whole bunch of folks
showed their interest, we were thinking, maybe we could investigate
hiring a large indoor venue somewhere in central Europe and having a huge shindig for Vette lovers from everywhere. Cause this would take time and lotsa $$$. Not to mention some sponsors. Forget about bringing the cars,
unless a large ship could be chartered. (I'll look into that) We have always liked the saying: " Nothing vetured...nothing gained." but we are serious.
The plan would be to bring together Vetters from everywhere and put on a hellofashow.!!! This would be the biggest Vette extravaganza in history and
listen up Guys....." SHOW THE MORONS WHO DRIVE THE OTHER CRAP
WHO RULES." Now we are in the promotion biz of course and y'all have seen us around for some time, so if we can get a whole bunch of you to pledge?
yes...that sounds like a good word dontcha think, we just might put this
idea together. Now all kiddin aside, we are serious. Let us have some response now and we'll take it from there and who knows what will eventuate
from this. One thing's fer sure Guys, if it goes ahead, it'll be B I G or nuthin.
Now are y'all in or out.!!!!!!!Leave the low fares and accomodation arrangements to us....we'll figure a way to please everyone. The main thing
is wer'e all Vetters......right. (FAMILY) No...not Sopranos Dude.

#16 · (Edited)
Ha De Hah Hah

C'mon Guys....this is America East.....everyone knows England is run from Langley, PA Ave and Grosvenor Square, not 10 Downing St. Why we have more USAF bases and cruise nukes here than Grand Forks and Wyoming.
This of course makes us a prime target for any and everyone with a grudge against u Guys, but dya really think Washington DC gives a XX###&&&

#18 · (Edited)
Vette Party Europe

We were toying with this stint and inviting North American Vetters to a Vetter party. We know a lotta European Vetters would come.
Where we go from here, depends on the volume of serious responses.

#19 · (Edited)
Vette Party Europe

Here's the deal Guys. We were toying with organizing a Vette party stint with lotsa European Vetters and whoever wanted in from North America.
With or without your toys.....still enjoy a blast if it's done right.!

#20 ·
It sure would be fun, but shipping a 'Vette from the East Coast of the US to Europe takes about 5 weeks, right? Who'd want to miss his 'vette for 10 weeks, to be able to drive it in Europe for a week? Not bashing your ideas here, but I'm afraid not that many guys from the USA would come over:( Anyway, depending on where you plan to organize this event, I guess it would be a great party with lots and lots of people having fun (with or without their 'vette)...:partyon:

#24 · (Edited)
Ty Ty Ty

TY BUT WITH TODAYS FAST RORO SHIPS IT'S AMAZINGLY JUST A FEW DAYS
OR SO, MAYBE A WEEK ish. WE ARE JUST TESTING THE WATER SO TO SPEAK.
LET'S FACE IT WE CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY VETTE MEETS RIGHT.?
MAYBE BEST IF NORTH AMERICAN VETTERS JUST CAME WITHOUT THEIR TOYS, STILL GET EQUAL RESPECT AND HAVE A DARN BLAST OF A TIME.!
WE DEFINATELY NEED AN AMERICAN TEAM REPRESENTED HERE.

#26 · (Edited)
What.?

AREN'T ALL AMERICANS SUPPOSED TO BE RICH.??? (JUST KIDDIN)

#25 · (Edited)
YEAH WER'E TRYIN FOR THAT TOO.!THEN WE COULD HAVE IT ON OUR OWN ISLAND.!

#23 · (Edited)
Ho Ho HO

Okay.....the fact is...Britain shoulda stopped puffin their little chests out years ago. why the hell do they need an armed force anyway....they shoulda stopped fightin
after they got their asses kicked in the khyber pass and just about everywhere else.! the uk really is the mouse that roared. Bin Laden wants to vaporise us just to piss you guys off.! After all the uk is about the size of er say Fla.? so it wouldn't take much to annihilate us.! The gov't here just spent over 40 billion $ upgrading trident nuke subs......like oh yeah....whose gonna attack us a Spanish or French Armada. It's like someone hit the British politicians with the stupido stick and u guys thought u had some dummies in DC....hah, wanna swap.??? Anyway my Dad's Welsh, they stole that Country 300 years ago and I'm an Aussie....so what do we care.By the way if Scotland breaks away like their talkin of doin and Wales n' Ireland follows suit...wella there ain't gonna ne much left of the british empire is there.?

#30 ·
Sounds like a blast but the rest of my year is booked solid :thumbsup:

#31 ·
Sounds like fun to me,have never been accross the pond before. i'd say if you could put together some kind of travel and accomidation package it would be somthing i would be interested in. It would just all depend on the date then.

Kevin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.