Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 999 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... which is why I can never get anyone to come over at help me with my DIY's. Doesn't anyone else keep my kind of hours? :huh:

Guess what I'm doing...

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,824 Posts
What's so strange about the hours you keep

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
The last time my FRC looked like that I was installing a digital tach with shift light and an AFR gauge in an A-pillar...but I see you're radio is out, and I've never seen that thing in your hand in the second pic....I'll have to lurk until someone makes a better guess.

·
Registered
64 Posts
OK Junkman, I'll bite. My guess is a Double Din stereo/nav unit. Don't know what that part your holding is, perhaps a interface for your head unit to the Bose speakers. And what do I win if I'm right?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Junkman, I am so glad I didnt have to rip my dash apart. The part I need is right above the passenger footwell so one panel was it and two screws and its out.

Vettman, what he is holding is a door actuator for the dual zone AC system.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Junkman, I am so glad I didnt have to rip my dash apart. The part I need is right above the passenger footwell so one panel was it and two screws and its out.

Vettman, what he is holding is a door actuator for the dual zone AC system.
...and the dealer wanted $280 smackers for it! :surprised :surprised :surprised

After pulling it and working the door manually, my air on the driver's side is still not as cold as the air on the passenger's side. I can control all the vents with the HVAC unit but now you have me wondering if my part that you are replacing on yours has went bad too! I need to pull the tire off and look for that vacuum on the passenger's side by the firewall. You have a picture showing that vacuum line? What's it called so that I can look it up?

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
I need to do that, I have nothing coming out of the floor vents, but alas I have too many projects, and not enough time....plus I am a lazy ass :spanked:

·
Registered
582 Posts
The part I am changing doesnt have anything to do with the mixing from side to side. are both your door actuators neutralled? Sounds like one is a tooth or two off and the door is slightly open.

For the record the Vacuum/electric solenoid is just to the outside of the fan motor. There is a black vaccum line that comes through the firewall and connects to a purple line. That purple line runs to the solenoid and the solenoid has 5 other color vacuum lines coming off it. Again none of that vacuum runs the dual zone, thats all electric from the head unit

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The part I am changing doesnt have anything to do with the mixing from side to side. are both your door actuators neutralled? Sounds like one is a tooth or two off and the door is slightly open.

For the record the Vacuum/electric solenoid is just to the outside of the fan motor. There is a black vaccum line that comes through the firewall and connects to a purple line. That purple line runs to the solenoid and the solenoid has 5 other color vacuum lines coming off it. Again none of that vacuum runs the dual zone, thats all electric from the head unit
Thanks for that info. I'm still confused though because even though I have manually closed the door, I am still seeing a problem. The actuator is out of the car so that's not it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Keep in mind that the air itself will be colder on the passenger side because thats where the fan and most of the ducting is, by the time it hits the drivers door it will warm up a touch.

Does the air shut off to the other ports? meaning you have it on the main vent is there still air at your feet/Defog?? If thats the case then your vacuum solenoid could be bad.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nope, all my vents work properly when I select them. That's what has me baffled.

·
Registered
582 Posts
How much are we talking? did you put a thermometer in the vents and measure the temp difference yet?

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How much are we talking? did you put a thermometer in the vents and measure the temp difference yet?
No, it's very noticeable. The passenger's side is chilly, like very cold. The driver's side feels like Big Foot is breathing down your neck after some minty cool mouthwash. :crazy:

·
Registered
582 Posts
No, it's very noticeable. The passenger's side is chilly, like very cold. The driver's side feels like Big Foot is breathing down your neck after some minty cool mouthwash. :crazy:
Is there a major difference in the amount of airflow between passenger and driver side? Wonder if one of your ducts is cracked/disconnected allowing warm air to enter. It is possible that the vaccuum/electric solenoid is not actuating the A/C switch correctly allowing some heat go still bleed in.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is there a major difference in the amount of airflow between passenger and driver side? Wonder if one of your ducts is cracked/disconnected allowing warm air to enter. It is possible that the vaccuum/electric solenoid is not actuating the A/C switch correctly allowing some heat go still bleed in.
Airflow is excellent. At this point, I'm bringing in a heavyweight. I have GM World Class Certified Technician who works at my Chevy dealer. He and I have consulted before and he know how I am. :D

1 - 20 of 999 Posts