Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we have the 85 LS2 Vette now up and running - we have one too many cars for only two drivers in the house.

69 Camaro
69 Vette
85 Vette
05 Cobalt
04 Silverado

So...we traded the 04 Silverado and 05 Cobalt on a new style 07 crew cab silverado yesterday. We had payments on the 05 and 04 still and cut the monthly by nearly $200 (We get a GM employee discount which really helps) - although I only owed less than 18 more months on the 04.

We ended up going from a 5.3 to a 4.8 and only a 3:23 axle on the towing package...but it will get better gas mileage and we rarely tow - and when we do it isnt that far (4,700 lb towing with the 4.8 and 3:23).

The truck is NICE - power everything - remote start...XM, steering wheel controls...etc. etc.

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
my boss has the 2005 very roomy inside did you get the leather interior?

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my boss has the 2005 very roomy inside did you get the leather interior?
No leather - I don't like the way it wears.

We got the graphite gray cloth. It doesn't show dirt and grease very easy.

The one we thought we were going to buy that we went there for was a 5.3 2007 crew with the light cashmeir (sp?). It looked like it would stain and finger print just looking at it.

The $3,500 only applied to 2007 models - eventhough the 2008 looks identical, we were restricted to 2007 inventory - no gray in the 5.3 trucks.

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
it really doesnt drive like a truck it has a very smooth ride even when you hit a bump congrats i know you will defenitely enjoy it:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I've got the 05 Crew Cab and a few months back looked very heavily at getting a new 07 Extended cab. the ride seemed to be night and day difference. I loved the remote start, the look of both the interior and exterior. But in the end, just decided that I'm getting close now on my truck, why not just pay it off and drive it til the wheels fall off.

Btw, on the interior, I've got light grey leather, shows everything. The dark black colors are the way to go all the way.

I didn't click on the link, so when I do this question might be answered, but, what color did you choose?

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got the 05 Crew Cab and a few months back looked very heavily at getting a new 07 Extended cab. the ride seemed to be night and day difference. I loved the remote start, the look of both the interior and exterior. But in the end, just decided that I'm getting close now on my truck, why not just pay it off and drive it til the wheels fall off.

Btw, on the interior, I've got light grey leather, shows everything. The dark black colors are the way to go all the way.

I didn't click on the link, so when I do this question might be answered, but, what color did you choose?
Black with the dark grey interior.

I felt the same on my 04 - it had everything I needed except the crew cab and was not far from being paid off with only 31K miles...but, we had to consolidate and get a bigger cab.

·
Premium Member
9,731 Posts
Very Cool!!! :thumbsup:

We have the gray cloth interior in our '03 GMC Safari Van and it never looks dirty. Many times I drove it after working on an engine or driving the tractor all day and the seats still look new. Never had to clean them.

Congrats on the truck!!! :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
5,554 Posts
My dad's current company car is a fully loaded Sierra Quad Cab. I LOVE driving that thing! Nice choice of a truck :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts