Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from a guy in North Carolina. It was a pretty decent price and came with every option available for Z06 including body side moldings.

It has Borla exhaust pipes. They sound OK but I was thinking about switching to Corsa, and was wandering what anyones thoughts are. The only thing that I don’t like esthetically is the Borla's are only have two large twin tips versus the Corsa's Quad tips. I am thinking about doing Corsa Pace Car with classic tips.

How much would used Borla’s be worth?

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
First and foremost, welcome to digitalcorvettes! Secondly, is this your first Vette? If so, welcome to the vette family!

We're glad you found us, lots of SMART C5 guys here who can answer your question about the exhaust.

Are you still getting butterflies in your stomach when you sit in her?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,667 Posts
welcome,
great place to hang-out,im sure you have heard the corsa already,but it will sound like a motor boat,if thats what you like,sounds like you have the 'stingers',thats a nice exhaust in my opinion.put some tpis headers up there and they will sound sweet.i like the two big barrels stickin out the back,different than the rest,almost every c5 i see has 4 polished tips out back,i like to be a little different.sounds like a nice ride,post some pictures when you get time.
oh ya,the two tip stingers go for 600 bucks new(give or take a few depending who ya go with)so what ever you think depending on what kind of shape there in.if you still have them a month from now,i might bye them,i would right now,but my daily driver clutch went out(850 bucks)and lawyer fees for something else,i refuse to work on the 93' saturn,but i do everything to my c5,so far anyway.later,Todd.

B

·
0 Posts
How can you NOT love these CANNONS!!!

In my opinion, the Borla Stingers are THE BEST sounding exhaust system for the C5, and I've heard them all!!

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,415 Posts
Welcome to digitalcorvettes. On to exhaust. Have you heard all the different ones out there. There are a half a dozen or so real cool sounding ones. If you haven't heard all of them, go somewhere where there a C5s and listen. When you find one you like, ask the owner. I'm sure they will be more than happy to talk to you about it. Remember, everyone's taste is different. I hope your enjoying your Z06

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,667 Posts
**** ya,
love those double cannons,do you have headers too LAW MAN?that would be perfect.later,Todd.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You will love the bsm's and the aerodynamic stability they provide. (I also have them on my 2001 Convertible).:thumbsup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies. Deffenitly a nice car. I like the sound of the Borlas, just gotta get used to the look of two pipes. Like Hawaii said, almost every C5 I have seen has quad tips. I like the analogy of the Corsa's they do make the car sound like a motor boat when the car idles. It will take awhile to get used to the cannons. The more I see them they will probably grow on me. I will try to post some pics later.

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
welcome aboard....this is a great place to hang out...and obviously some of the guys know what they are talking about

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its deffinetly a nice color, the only other color that I would have got on a vette is Torch Red but decided to try for yellow sence my dad has a red one.

I generally dont like most yellows in fact it wasnt until I saw actual millenium yellow for the first time that it was the color that I want. Pictures, dont do it any justice. It is the first yellow on a car that I liked.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, and why take off the Borlas? They sound great!!! :excited:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your right they do sound good I still am getting used to the two tips versus quads that will be the only reason for the change. The duals do look good on the car I am still not sure if I like them over the quads though.

I am thinking either the quad version of the borlas or the Corsa indies with the quad classic tips:cheers:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I too have the M. Y. corvette. I have a convertible. I love the looks of it. It definitely is a better looking than any other yellows I have seen. I also get a lot of comments on how cool it looks. I wanted the EB at first but I am sure glad I got the M.Y. instead.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Deffenitly,

I think the Electron Blue looks sharp but I think the brighter colors like the Millenium Yellow and Torch Red(when its clean) get noticed quicker.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts