Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an extended warrenty off of a company called "Extended Warrenties" I bought the Luxury which encludes all electronics and somthing called wear and tear. I optioned for the 6 yr 75,000 miles, that should cover me until 2014 I believe I can now relax and drive it like I stole it.--Livy

·
Registered
132 Posts
May I pry and ask how much they get for that? I got the wheel and tire warranty from chevy. Just in case i run over something or whatever. and that is $12 a month.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Extended Warranty

I don't mind sharing it at all. First let me explain there are several packages available from this company. From this company "Extended Warranty" they claim much better coverage then from the factory. They plan I opt for is the Luxary class which covers motor, trans, rear end, All but brakes, wipers, trim, tires, it does cover struts. and tems called wear and tear, The factory warranty does not cover these item, such as a CV boot and items that fail from usage. The Luxary class also covers ALL electronics things, such as the NAV system and all electronic things like solinoids and switchs in the car. The factory extended warranty does not. Here is the Web site for the company: http://www.warrantydirect.com/carbuyingtips/?url=carbuyingtips6

Here is a web site I used to study all Extended Warranties It is long and complete

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/warranty.htm

I bought a plan to cover this car for then next 6 yrs or 75,000 miles wear and tear encluded the cost was discounted to $2,350.00. I hope this helps--Livy

·
Registered
388 Posts
Was your Vette new or used? I bought one for my Tahoe, takes it out to 75,000 miles as well. Had one for my Nissan but it didn't work out to well. My Vette, no way, I've modded it and would just be a waste but if keeping it stock, probably good protection there.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just bought an extended warrenty off of a company called "Extended Warrenties" I bought the Luxury which encludes all electronics and somthing called wear and tear. I optioned for the 6 yr 75,000 miles, that should cover me until 2014 I believe I can now relax and drive it like I stole it.--Livy

Did you check out this Company's financial stability before you bought? There have been some that took the policyholders $$$ and then disappeared. Hopefully this is not one of them.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I have the GM extended warranty for the same period/miles. I paid around $1800 for it. I feel better knowing it will be accepted in over 4000 dealerships and GM isn't likely to disappear anytime soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts