Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm dead tired after drive, & hanging out at stereo shop, they also enabled DVD while drving!!!! and Enabled Nav changes while in motion/driving!! Back up camera next, & voice module to allow me to talk/command Nav hands free!! also Bluetooth, some may ask why not GM Onstar? my C6 has it & this bluetooth option is by far better NO yearly fees!!!!! free ninety free!!!

DVD playback is awesome!!!! full surrround sound, also added serious power to my upgraded Bose fact system the system totally bumps now!!! I'm so impressed, just wish I'd got it sooner:thumbsup: Anyone on the fence please don't hesitate, ther's also a built in Gtech perf 0-60 etc!!!! 3-D birds eye view nav, full touch screen, I can't get over how cool, and state of the art the system is:cheers: :D :D ;) :surprised I'm happy if you couldn't tell:rolling: :laughing: :D I also have full Carbon Fiber Dash kit not the crazzee $3k one but the verry nice stick on one from online vendors..think it was oemdash? full thick clear coat, looks 9/10's as good as the $3k dollar kit from Aspis inmyop...

OK sleepy time now, lots of dvd, nav in 3-D etc pictures later tonite!!!!

Ohh yeah cost was gr8 $1075 out the door, was going to be $1000 but the extra wiring/enabling of dvd on the go, Nav/w/out stopping added a verrry reasonable price if you ask me, the base system can be had anywhere from $750-$900 on the web w/out shipping or install

Lastly the ladies nav voice is flat-out SEXXXXY can't believe I'm saying this but it's true she sounds f reakin' HOTT!! others w/this system please chime in..:buhbye:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Let us hear it and see it:huh:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am thinking of switching to this system myself, how is it so far. I currently have the stock NAV and XM. If I swap to this system, does anyone know if I can use my existing XM receiver?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am thinking of switching to this system myself, how is it so far. I currently have the stock NAV and XM. If I swap to this system, does anyone know if I can use my existing XM receiver?
Yes you can use XM satellite Radio, Sirius Sat Radio, Ipod, Bluetooth- replaces Onstar w/hands free phone cell phn connection w/NO hundereds of dollars a year in fees...:thumbsup:

Cool feature I just found-- full subtitle function for DVD movies pictures coming in my next post!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm sorry stupid camera phone, crummy pix, I'll take better ones

Better-more pix later today...:thumbsup: I love the 3-D "Birds Eye View" map tracking!!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Nice deck. If you want more bass, JL makes a custom box that fits in corner of car and goes down into storage compartment for more airspace. World of difference.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Question.
Are directions and data from nav still coming up into the HUD as in the stock nav?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Question.
Are directions and data from nav still coming up into the HUD as in the stock nav?
Unfortunately not, but the Nav lady voice keeps prompting you so it's nearly impossible to miss a turn/directions.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Very nice. I have the following on order and should be here Thursday. How good does the JL stealthbox sound?

Items to be installed

Pioneer D3 HU, camera, ipod connector
Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS 6-3/4" Component Speaker (purchased speaker mount plates from nakidparts)
Alpine PDX 4.150 amp

(subwoofer in the future)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts