Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
That is about the best info yet.

I got tired of seeing posts over there that re-stated the same crap all the time!

"I talked to salesman at blah blah dealership and he said that the headlights are fixed and the car has smoother curves'.

When someone is actually SPECIFIC about things, that gets me interested!:cheers:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Good info. Sounds like Brian was pretty right on.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
i don't trust that sorce of info for anything...:down:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
i don't trust that sorce of info for anything...:down:
:agree:

C5R headlights my ass. We want orange and they give us Plum Yay. O wait no.

·
Super Moderator
10,114 Posts
Loggins1 said:
:agree:

C5R headlights my ass.
I agree. Even if the CForum postor has seen the C6, I don't trust his interpretation of the facts. Farther down he states that because the three C6s seen were automatics, it indicates they are having problems with the 6 Spds. Uh, .....why? If anything, the automatics have the most potential for change IMO. Regardless, that is quite a leap of logic.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
So longtimer wheres your Avatar? Its nice to see you posting here at DC too. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
10,114 Posts
Thanks Adam,

Nice to be here. Hope all of you can put up with my opinions.

Never have time to think about an Avatar. - maybe someday soon.

·
Super Moderator
10,114 Posts
Andonis said:
Hi Ross, and welcome to DC:buhbye:
:surprised Ah, NO I'm not Ross. I know that Ross was just booted from CAC, but do you REALLY find my posts that acidic?

Don't get me wrong, I've always enjoyed reading Ross's posts - he definitely likes controversy. I have even exchanged emails with Ross in the past about the C6, but I'm Vaughn, not Ross.

I think that Brian has exchanged emails with both of us.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome.

·
Super Moderator
10,114 Posts
Andonis said:
Scuse me, I thought you were him,

Welcome to the DC though, and have a great time among us :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Longtimer said:
:surprised Ah, NO I'm not Ross. I know that Ross was just booted from CAC, but do you REALLY find my posts that acidic?

Don't get me wrong, I've always enjoyed reading Ross's posts - he definitely likes controversy. I have even exchanged emails with Ross in the past about the C6, but I'm Vaughn, not Ross.

I think that Brian has exchanged emails with both of us.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome.
No, Vaughn is one of the "good guys". If he spits any venom, it always comes with a teaspoon of sugar. :laughing:

So, Ross got kicked off CAC again, huh?

·
Super Moderator
10,114 Posts
bkuper said:
No, Vaughn is one of the "good guys". If he spits any venom, it always comes with a teaspoon of sugar. :laughing:

Thanks Brian. Yah, it's a little weird to me because I didn't think Ross did, or said anything so bad this time. I think Rob had just gotten fed up accumulatively. Ross has a sharp tongue, but I enjoy reading his posts and bantering with him sometimes. I like Rob too. He and I had a 7 page debate on the possible spinning off of vette from Chevy that I really enjoyed before he gave up - or got tired of me.

Assuming you guys like to share ideas like that, I look forward to some of that here too. This looks to be a very good site with diverse participants.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bkuper said:

Gotcha Brian!:)))
:rolling:
I already like him!:)))

·
Super Moderator
10,114 Posts
OK. This guy over at CF is gaining creditability with me. He is retracting and revising some of his descriptions. Here, you guys decide:

Here is some info I learned...
New color for C-6 called PLUM its a light purple.

HUD will be in COLOR green, yellow, red..

Steering wheel will have RADIO controls built into it.

Lights are exactly what on the C5R

Dash Board center console is angled toward the driver, new radio system, but NO Video in center of console.

Seats have changed Completely with radio speaker in the head rests...

The panic handle on the passenger dash has more of a curve toward passanger.

The back of the coupe behind the console has no bump, the rear floor is almost even with the armrest/console.

Console is much much narrower.

Fenders Front and rear are exactly like the orange corvette photo that has been posted on this site.

The FRONT GRILL is one piece it is NOT SPLIT.

An adapter number plate holder will be provided for center of the grill when required.

shorter 3 inches front and back.

Interior is MUCH MUCH nicer, but still similiar to the C5.

TAKE THIS INFO TO THE BANK......
Then when I posted Brian's Orange rendering and two different fronts he said ...
Most of the back was covered up on all three cars, the explaination was they did not have any of the new insigna on them, front was missing badging too. But from what I could make out the lights seem to be a little further apart. The lights only had Two small bulbs or circles each not three The lights actually look very nice they fit the car perfect. The Grill was much longer and little wider in the front with NO SPLIT. That was the week part of the design in my eye was the grill. Look more like the top one with no supports and was not tapered in the middle. Much sharper look to the grill.
For the record the purple was little darker then the orchard color the C5 had in 98 99 time. It was called PLUM. Try change the color of the Orange car to that dark shade orchid like a plum and see what you get. And the humps on the roof were little more pronounced. You got the front vent almost perfect. I hope this helps...
I don't like the "pronounced humps" much unless they are rounded, not edgy as in spy picks. Here is the front view that he is commenting on:

Then he says about the C5R lights...
No attack taken. they do NOT look exactly like that and I choose the wrong words. they have TWO lights inside and are contured to the fender with the same material used on the Monte Carlo lights, but contured more to the lines of the car. I am sorry for my original statement for the lights as it was misleading, but I hope I cleared this up with this statement. Like I did say it looks much better then I thought it would.
I never should have started this.... his final post confirms the Boat shop pics as the head light opening he saw. For what it's worth.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
personally i have nothing against the guy,i just don't trust or care about anything that has to do with that site..:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Longtimer said:
OK. This guy over at CF is gaining creditability with me. He is retracting and revising some of his descriptions. Here, you guys decide:

:rolling:

I'm with you, brother. Lots of back pedal'n goin on now. It's crackin me up!:laughing:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts