Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a ride in a 500rwhp Z06 with a 422ci motor, I stopped by Speed Inc. today and was talking to Tom Izzo (owner) and he took me for a ride in his Z, its on street tires (he is getting some DR's for it) and first and second gear are about useless, just fries the tires even from a second gear roll (its like driving in the rain on dry pavement) feels like my GS did on the spray. Awesome car.

·
Registered
990 Posts
sounds like real fun................there is always something to getcha goin seems like, I have to stay away from things like that:laughing:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Yep, must be nice. :)

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
500 rwhp is killer, I know you had a blast! :partyon:

Ask him if you can go again when he gets the DR's. :thumbsup:

John from PHP took me for a ride in his 556 rwhp 2000 Supercharged coupe and damn that was a BLAST!!

I'd still like a ride in MTI 427's vert w/ the new motor in it.

Too bad ApeelinC5 is getting rid of his bad ass magnacharged Z06. :(

All these guys have the DR's and them babys HOOK AND FLY!! :cheers:

After I get out of one of those and get back in my car it feels like I'm driving a Vega compared to them. :laughing: :laughing:

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
Originally posted by War Machine ...<br>
500 rwhp is killer, I know you had a blast! :partyon:

Ask him if you can go again when he gets the DR's. :thumbsup:

John from PHP took me for a ride in his 556 rwhp 2000 Supercharged coupe and damn that was a BLAST!!

I'd still like a ride in MTI 427's vert w/ the new motor in it.

Too bad ApeelinC5 is getting rid of his bad ass magnacharged Z06. :(

All these guys have the DR's and them babys HOOK AND FLY!! :cheers:

After I get out of one of those and get back in my car it feels like I'm driving a Vega compared to them. :laughing: :laughing:<br>
Some of those Vega's at Byron were turning 8's!

When you get past the 450RWHP range your limitations are now tire technology.

If two C5's are running street tires, and one has 600 RWHP and one has 700 RWHP.... I think the 600 HP would win.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I can relate.

my friends IROC makes over 640 hp at the crank(LPE 434 cube n/a 18* head motor) and is purely vicious! It boils road race slicks at 90 mph in hot or cold weather! The thing is, the car looks like an innocent daily driver. 84 GRAND SPORT has seen it and knows what it's all about.

I have to win the lotto some day as I want that car hehe.

:thumbsup: I'm sure that Z has some sweet pull.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts