Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my zz383. to go with it i got shorty headers, msd ignition,TPI, accel gen 6 ecm,and a Mallory hei billet distributor.
for the tranny i am going to have the original rebuilt and throw a shiftkit in it as for the exhaust i am still debating 2.5 or 3" for the exhaust.
The car is a 75 vette auto. Before i drop the engine should i add or replace anything? here are the specs to the engine
http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/EngineShowcase/tech_specs.jsp?engId=ZZ383&engine=ZZ 383&sku=12498772&engCat=sb

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello 75Sting, I also have a 75 vert. and Im 1/2 way through the install of a zz383,Im going with Hooker side pipes and am using a 200R4 trans, Ive already done the Ft,and Rear suspension.
dont forget to install the drive shaft during the engine trans install. this is where I sliped up. (I now have to lower the rear suspension to get the darn thing in).
Im also using the GM serpitine belt drive and stock distributor new,edelbrock air gap manifold and demon 650cfm vac sec carb. Dewitts aluminum rad. with elec.fans.
so far Ive got the engine and trans and Rad installed. and now working on the drive shaft.(but thats not a big issue), then Ill start on the wiring (and that should not be much of an issue eighter), I should be ready to fire her up for the first time soon.
but I have the dash out and want to install new carpet . this means removing the seats and getting the carpet in before I can install the kick panels and then get the dash and steering column in.
I had the steering column rebuilt in New york somewhere?, (cause I had some slop in the steering before).
anyways good luck in yr project and let me know how yr startup goes, these should be good engines to make the car go fast.
chuck-75

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also forgot to mention that i have a edelbrock intake manifold and runners... Should i get a meaner cam?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I also forgot to mention that i have a edelbrock intake manifold and runners... Should i get a meaner cam?
That 222/230 cam is going to give you good low rpm power, depending on your rear end gears and converter you could install a hotter cam....

what do you want ? Useable power, streetable engine or a high HP engine that revs 7500 but has a smaller useable powerband ???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts